'View New Content' button not working

This topic is 3296 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

for the last couple of days, the 'View New Content' link at the top right of the page seems not to be working... Just get a database error...

Would be great if this can work again as it is the most convenient way to see whats new on the forums....

Many thanks for this great site :-)

Sky.

This forum is ONLY for site operations - NOT for asking questions about FileMaker

Please clear this text and leave comments & feedback here.

For all other support requests please choose a forum that best applies to your post.

- Thank You.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is that not because your reply is not new content to you? I believe that's normal behaviour. 

No, my other posts made today show up just fine - including this one. The problem is with that specific thread (or perhaps the entire section?). It did not appear on my "new' list when the OP posted a reply either - I only discovered that by accident.

Hello Stephen,

I think this a bug.

It doesn’t show in my NEW CONTENT, but it does show in “My Content” this is in the list of stuff you see when you click your name. i.e. Lee Smith >> My Content

I’m wondering if it was because I moved the topic?

UPDATE:

I just reviewed a post I moved prior to this one, Small SQL Query Help and it appears to be doing the same thing.

It has only one reply, by Chris M., so hopefully he can verify this too.

I’m curious if the OPs are seeing this too. (Justin and Fat Panda).

Lee

Ah . . . Seems to have been a more widespread issue than I imagined. What I'm accustomed to seeing: when I reply to a post (as I did to Comment's), leave the site and return to view New Content my reply doesn't show up as new content. I just assume that's because it's not new to me. Always been that way I believe.

when I reply to a post (as I did to Comment's), leave the site and return to view New Content my reply doesn't show up as new content. I just assume that's because it's not new to me. Always been that way I believe.

Are you sure? I always see my own posts in New Content (except the two I have pointed out earlier).

Forgive the useless post, but I'm going to use this reply to test.

Edit: Tested. Made the reply, left the site, came back and the thread I replied to, this one, did not show up in new content. Fine with me but surprising I seem to be the only one.

I had to view My Content to see the thread.

Interesting, Rick.

What does your sidebar show?  For mine, on Time Period, I have it set to two weeks so I see everything that transpires.  Is your set to restrict entries to only new items you haven't yet read by chance?  You can further restrict choices by using the OTHER section below where the items toggle on and off.

This topic is 3296 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.