This topic is 1879 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello Forum,

Can you please assist me with date range calculation for the following situation/problem/challenge:

I have a date field = TG_StartDate and would like another field(Season(text field)) to display "HighSeason" if the date is between 15.08.**** and 14.11.****, that is from August 15th to November 14th all years, any year and the rest of the range display "LowSeason"

Many Thanks,

Miss-Amen!

19 minutes ago, Miss A! said:

if the date is between 15.08.**** and 14.11.****, that is from August 15th to November 14th all years, any year

You are confusing yourself with the way you formulate the problem. A date is in high season if it's between the season start and end dates in the same year - not any year.

Once you put it like that, it's fairly trivial to write it as a Filemaker expression =

If ( Date ( 8 ; 15 ; Year ( TG_StartDate ) ) ≤ TG_StartDate and TG_StartDate ≤ Date ( 11 ; 14 ; Year ( TG_StartDate ) ) ; "High Season" ; "Low Season" )

Edited by comment

This topic is 1879 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Richard Carlton
      Summer is over and our weekly FileMaker webinars are back! 

Our first one is this Thursday at 11am PDT, on “Relationships for Beginners”. 

Register Here: 
      https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6892433068111504642 

We will spend 30 minutes covering a specific topic. Then the last 30 minutes will be an open Q&A on any topic.

Topic List:
      Sept 13th: Relationships for Beginners
      Sept 20th: Find Records, Date Ranges, and Special Operators
      Sept 27th: Conditional Formatting (Can I making something Red?)
      Oct 4th: Automation (Repetitive Tasks can become Scripts)
      Oct 11th: Reporting & SubSummaries
      Oct 18th: Merge Fields and Hiding Objects (Harry Potter Invisibility Cloak)
      Oct 25th: Sharing your FileMaker App with Co-Workers
      Nov 1st: Basic Concepts for Building Mobile Apps

All the best, 
      Richard Carlton 
      CEO & Video Trainer
    • By Agentshevy
      I have really tried to figure out this calculation by subtracting the birthday from the current date, I guess that didn't work. I just need to have a countdown to a contacts birthday.
      Please how do I go about this?
    • By jasoneon9
      Hi sorry ive read lots of date calculations but just cant seem to find the answer im looking for 

i almost think this should be fairly easy but im just not grasping it Please help 

OK i have created 3 fields

Field 1, Record created (auto entered)

Field 2, Days  (entered manually) 

Field 3, New_Date (record created + how many days entered to give a new calendar date)

Many thanks in advance
    • By sunkat
      Hi, I am completely new to Filemaker. I work on a database for timesheets to calculate hours worked by employee to calculate their wages. But the wages are paid not per calendar month, but a payroll month. Payroll month starts on a Sunday before last Thursday of the previous month and ends on a Saturday before last Thursday of the month.
      How do I calculate a payroll month for a timesheet date?
      Thanks

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.