Changing default script

This topic is 5087 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

I can't figure out how to edit the default script, i.e. change the default script to something that's useful to me as a default script. Anyone out there know how to do this?

Thanks in advance!

-Kent

It was reintroduced in 10.

Maybe someone missed it, and was really noisy about it?

It's probably useful for about the first 15 minutes in a beginner user's experience with FileMaker, as a sort of Hello World example.

I think it could be useful for much more than that. Many advanced developers have script templates that include comment regions and common variable declarations. We really should be able to control the default script contents.

For clarification this is what this is referring to:

I agree rather pointless - it's so obscure that its not obvious, only if this was included perhaps as a hook into some future super advance developer feature - who knows.

For clarification this is what this is referring to:

I agree rather pointless - it's so obscure that its not obvious, only if this was included perhaps as a hook into some future super advance developer feature - who knows.

I'm aware of what it does now. It just seems like we should be able to write our own script, as I described, and declare it as our default script.

Edited by Guest

Hi again everyone,

I'm not getting email notifications on this topic for some reason, so I thought no one had replied until I just checked back in at this webpage.

I messed around trying to discover ways to edit the default script and I found that the default script gets rewritten according to what you last did manually. As an example, if you do a find and then a sort, and then you create a new script based on the default script, those most recent find and sort steps will be in the new script.

It would be nice to see something truly editable for creating a custom template.

Thanks for the replies.

-Kent

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I know it's quite an old script, but I did a workaround using "AutoHotkey" to create my own default script with keyboard shorcuts.

If you are interested here is my autohotkey script which add default steps that loops through records and exit the loop after the last one. This script is triggered using [CTL]+[ALT]+[P].

;Auto enter steps to create a script which loop through records.

^!p::

WinWait, Edit Script "New Script" (maisem), 

IfWinNotActive, Edit Script "New Script" (maisem), , WinActivate, Edit Script "New Script" (maisem), 

WinWaitActive, Edit Script "New Script" (maisem), 

Sleep, 100

Send, {SHIFTDOWN}{TAB}{SHIFTUP}comment{ENTER}{SHIFTDOWN}{TAB}{TAB}{SHIFTUP}comment{ENTER}{SHIFTDOWN}{TAB}{TAB}{SHIFTUP}comment{ENTER}

Sleep, 100

Send, {SHIFTDOWN}{TAB}{TAB}{SHIFTUP}fr{ENTER}{SHIFTDOWN}{TAB}{TAB}{SHIFTUP}loo{ENTER}{SHIFTDOWN}{TAB}{TAB}{SHIFTUP}gg{ENTER}

Sleep, 100

Send, {TAB}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{SHIFTDOWN}{TAB}{SHIFTUP}{SPACE}{SHIFTDOWN}{TAB}{SHIFTUP}{UP}{UP}{UP}{UP}{UP}

return

This topic is 5087 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.