Removing Embossed Border on Web Viewer?

JaredKuvent

This topic is 3200 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Maybe this is a little OCD, but do you know of any way to remove the Embossed Border when looking at a web viewer in FileMaker? I'm running Windows XP (haven't taken a look on a Mac yet).

I tried adding the following to my header, but I'm guessing this is a FileMaker thing, and not a page formatting thing:

body {overflow:hidden};

body {margin:0;padding:0;}

I do a lot with GUI and would like to more seamlessly integrate the web viewer into my layouts.

Thanks for the help! :

• 3 years later...

The link to this solution seems to be a dead end, and I'd LOVE to hear the answer to this one. Thanks!

Try to put this code into a Web Viewer with border line set to "none"

"data:text/html,
<body style='border=0;margin=0;overflow:hidden'>
this is a Web Viewer w/o embossed border

</body>"

• 1 year later...

I would just like to say that the tricks presented in this thread DO NO WORK in the case where you are trying to display an external page, such as a directory listing, inside a Web Viewer (at least, not in FMP Advanced 11 when using IWP).  For example, the code I am using inside my own Web Viewer is this:

"data:text/html,
<html>
<body style='border=0;margin=0;overflow:hidden'>
<div>
<object type='text/html' data='http://www.yourURLhere.com/' width='100%' height='100%' style='overflow:hidden;border:none'></object>
</div>
</body>
</html>"

The result in-browser is that a 2px thick line appears at the TOP and the LEFT SIDE of the page being linked to inside the Web Viewer.  There is also a very subtle color difference on the right side, almost like it is a faintly visible while line of 5px width.  

No, I am not using "emboss" or any of those other settings either.

I am posting this information because if anyone among you happens to know another magic trick that truly eliminates the borders entirely (jQuery, JS -- you name it), I'm all ears!

Best wishes.

Hi James,

Remember also that many times these older threads were based upon prior versions of FileMaker so what worked then may not work now.  It's something which happens to us all the time.  Either that or a new feature in a latest release can provide a better solution than an older one we posted.

I'm not saying that is the case here - and unfortunately I don't have the time to review it (and it probably ISN'T the case since you are v11) but nonetheless, it happens.  I will put it on my 'must solve' list.  Thank you for sharing your discoveries with everyone - we really appreciate it.  :-)

• Like 1

This topic is 3200 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.