Server Maintenance This Week. ×

enter into valuelist

This topic is 4391 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

the below image the junk checkbox is ticked and in the field text chicken is beside milk instead below the milk i need enter command here tried triggermodifiers but didnt understand it plz help

1-2.png

plz tell any better alternative for below script triggers or scripting

2-3.png

final list Copy.zip

• Like 1

Nobody will understand this. I'm on an iPad so the attached file means nothing. It also looks a lot like one of your previous posts. As well, and I've said this to you before, present your question in a more straightforward manner and stop with the fancy (and not too bright) formatting. Ask your question in the simplest way possible. Provide more information. Chicken being next to milk means sfa.

• Like 2

Ya know, when you rate people with negatives, they will stop assisting you. Wouldn't you in their place? Why should we risk responding just to get slapped for it if you simply don't care for our response? You are judging whether our answers are right or wrong and you know very little about FileMaker. Would you let a podiatrist take out your gall bladder? No - you listen to those that know what you want to know.

Soon, at this rate, you will have nobody left to help you. By the way, I am not responding ... I'm afraid to. :cry:

Also, don't tell people to read the post again ... that is insulting. People here READ the posts. Your posts have been almost impossible to understand at all. That is not our fault. It is yours.

• Like 7

I agree with the last post. I have tried to give you advice at the most basic level. I.e. how to post! Since you don't happen to like my views I won't respond further to your unintelligeable questions. I can only hope I am contributing to your ultimate complete isolation on this forum and that perhaps you might consider just going away. I leave you with the middle finger salute!

i am so much clear with screen shots and example file and you say its impossible to understand ,dont want say anything :idot:, i came here for help if you dont understand i will come other way if again didnt understand i will try other way you should tell me if its difficult , i ask how many people here giving screenshots and example file both at same time and asking help and you ppl i am asking in english and you feel its difficult to understand i dont understand what you dont understand if its difficult just tell me to be clear..

i know very little filemaker thats why m here to know more when you know a lot why dont you help me

when rating is negative whats there i want solution if it works it will be positive if not negative rating is nothing personal

my doubts are not unintelligable they are headache for your intelligence as your are good at filemaker i want to get my headache to decrease.

thank you RICK i too leave you with 2 middle fingers salute

lets please keep it civil people!

Dr. G

I have looked at the file and I cannot understand the goal you are after.

Building an interface and a proper database required context.

This means what is the real world goal you are trying to accomplish.

The text in these value list have no meaning (or i can't fathom a database where these values would co-exist in a database ) - so its very hard for anyone to comprehend the outcome or the desired result.

Triggers facilitate a scripted action that is based on an event - usually created well after the basics are formulated - and usually to ensure better user experience and accuracy.

Personally i never use INSERT CALCULATED result - but rather use SetField as the field doesn't need to reside on the layout.

sir i just want the trick and sample which i gave is just an example , if i get solution i will use it in my original database which is 109mb .fp7 which i difficult to attach everytime

sir when i am ticking the checkbox value list items are listing in the field called "text", so when i am ticking second checkbox instead of valuelist displaying from next line the are starting beside last value as in screenshot 1

my goal::when i tick successive checkbox valuelist items must come on next line which i need to click enter button on my laptop and i dont want to do it always i want filemaker to do it hope i am clear

if i am clear can you please re script it plz sir will be always be thankfull

valuelist items which are there in the file are written wantedly by me because i want to see what happens for it i used field called final which will remove duplicates from the field text

sir i made new file after reading your advice by using setfield but both inser calculated result and set field both same options how do they differ :Ask:

final list.zip

Yes, that is what I understood too.

Dr. G must also note:

1) the value "dog" in the animals list has a trailing space ( "dog " ), so it appears as a different value.

2) the trigger on the "final" field must use the "Set Field" script step or, better, must not use a trigger at all! ( better a calculation field )

3) ... and a Commit as last step of your script :)

final list2.zip

• Like 1

"FITCH AND RAYBAUDI" billion thanks

solution you provided is working perfectly as i asked for

to fitch and raybaudi final list.zp examples files

1-6.png

1-7.png

3-6.png

4-4.png

i added two more fields and scripted with a new script called chat script , but values not updating in new tables automatically but i assigned that script to a button values are updating i want it auto enter into new fields :Ask:

final list.zip

i removed all scripts and script triggers used case function for text field to give a try when fva is checked result appeared in the text field as per given calculation

:yep:

1-4.png

now i ticked 2 checkboxes but valuelist didnt update but showing first valuelist items only

:hmm::frantics:

2-5.png

now i unchecked 1st checkbox leaving 2nd checked box checked now valuelist of of fvb is displayed expected result

:idot:

3-4.png

"GOAL"-- i want to know why is it happening, isnt case function right to use or the database needs any extra scripting

"trying to accomplish"--i wanted to try case function to get desired result but in vain

you may ask when my problem was rectified by fitch and raybaurd given example ,, i saw the script called "one possible solution" which had 6 script lines , now i thought why dont i use auto calculation case function instead of writing those 6 lines as case scripting is easy and faster in one text box just by using keyboard , so here is my experience above and i am back to fmforums for expert assistance

fitch-raybaurd.zip

Dr.Gopala krishnam raju AMBATI, the challenge I am having is that your questions relate to isolated pieces of databases, most often to interface. I have no idea what you are trying to achieve.

New developers often try to solve problems in ways that will not work or are very inefficient. I have no way of knowing whether a proposed implementation will work unless I know the problem it is solving.

I cannot help unless I know the problem that is being solved.

Please post questions to the Forum, not directly to me through private messages. I only respond on the forums where all people may share in the discussion.

• Like 1

sir i just want the trick and sample which i gave is just an example , if i get solution i will use it in my original database which is 109mb .fp7 which is difficult to attach everytime.

to mr.vaughan bromfield after i get solution for the problem i asked about which is just above your reply i will attach block of database and i am sure you will be amazed for what i did as i remember you were the person who made database of 40,000 drugs and you will like it .

presently i am scripting as Mr.fitch and Mr.raybaudi showed one possibility solution and i am waiting for other possibility.

:hmm: i made new database using fitch solution and raybaud solution i mixed up both with 2 tables

table(final list) uses fitch solution

table(fitch-raybaud) uses raybauds solution

final list table working fine :grad: fitch-raybaud table not working as expected :Ask:

fitch-raybaud-mix.zip

"FITCH AND RAYBAUDI" billion thanks

solution you provided is working perfectly as i asked for

to fitch and raybaudi final list.zp examples files

1-6.png

1-7.png

3-6.png

4-4.png

i added two more fields and scripted with a new script called chat script , but values not updating in new tables automatically but i assigned that script to a button values are updating i want it auto enter into new fields :Ask:

http://fmforums.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=17764

This topic is 4391 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.