Text manipulation plug-in adds new script steps and online help for FileMaker Pro 16.
Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, November 13, 2017–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi Text Plug-in 4.5 for FileMaker Pro 16.
What is Troi Text Plug-in?
Troi Text Plug-in is a very powerful tool for dealing efficiently with text in your FileMaker Pro database. All from within FileMaker you can:
- Customize spell checking*
- Parse XML text into fields
- Get (unique) lines and sort words and lines
- Combine sets from 2 text fields:
- get all lines that are the same
- get all lines that differ
- and other combinations
* currently not available on FileMaker Cloud
What is new in version 4.5?
We rewrote Troi Text Plug-in for FileMaker 16 and it now has the following new functionality:
- Tested and made compatible with FileMaker Pro 16.
- Tested and improved compatibility with Windows 10 (Creators Update) and macOS 10.13 (High Sierra).
- Tested and made compatible to run under FileMaker Cloud 16.
- Rewrote and modernized the code in several places.
- Made various minor changes to the example files to better work with FileMaker Pro 16.
- Updated the User Guide and the Reference.fmp12 file.
Extra features when running FileMaker Pro 16
Version 4.5 adds the following new features when running in FileMaker 16:
- The Text Plug-in adds script steps when running FileMaker Pro 16. You can select these script steps in the script steps pane in Script Workspace, or you can begin typing the script step name, then choose the script step from the list that appears. The script steps expand the possible actions you can perform with FileMaker Pro. The following script steps are added:
- Learn Spelling
- Unlearn Spelling
- Set Spelling Ignore List
- Added new scripts to the Spelling.fmp12 example file, to demonstrate how to use the new external script steps of FileMaker Pro 16. The examples check if FileMaker Pro 16 is running and will then select these new scripts.
- Added support for online help for the functions and script steps of the plug-in. You can now easily get online help from the Troi website, by clicking the Help button (the small question mark button) next to the function description in the functions pane or the script step description in the script steps pane.
More detailed information on all changes and improvements implemented in Troi Text Plug-in 4.5 can be found at https://www.troi.com/products/textplugin/
More information on Troi plug-ins for FileMaker Cloud can be found at: https://www.troi.com/compatibility/filemaker_cloud/
Pricing & availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Text Plug-in 4.5 is available for downloading at:
Licenses cost US$ 49 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
Version 4.5 needs a new registration. The upgrade is free for users who bought a license for Troi Text Plug-in on or after October 27, 2016. Eligible users will be sent a new registration. Contact us if you have not received yours after November 17, 2017.
Upgrades from licenses bought before October 27, 2016 are available from US$ 29 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.
How to Sync with FileMaker Cloud Using 360Works MirrorSync Today we want to let you know that it is completely possible to sync a FileMaker solution hosted on FileMaker Cloud! MirrorSync has been able to handle this task since the release of 3.1. The current version is 4.0 and it remains compatible with FileMaker Cloud.
FileMaker Cloud leverages Amazon Web Services (AWS) to host your FileMaker solutions in the cloud. Many people are moving to the cloud to cut back on server maintenance time and money. Here at 360Works, we are big fans of AWS - we actually moved all of our hosting to AWS and couldn't be happier. (Jesse Barnum, president of 360Works, presented on the topic of deploying FileMaker Server with AWS at last year?s FileMaker Developers conference.)
Getting started with MirrorSync for FileMaker Cloud is extremely simple: There's nothing to install and only a couple of steps to get up and running!
Step 1: Host MirrorSync Elsewhere
You will need to run MirrorSync on a separate computer from your FileMaker Server, because FileMaker Cloud does not allow the installation of 3rd party software other than plug-ins (MirrorSync is not a plug-in).
Once you've launched your FileMaker Cloud instance, 360Works can host MirrorSync on a managed AWS server for just $29 a month. There are several other approved hosting providers willing to host MirrorSync as well (see documentation). Alternatively, knowledgeable Linux administrators can host on their own Linux instance with Amazon Web Services.
Step 2: Enable xDBC
Because there is no XML Web Publishing Engine with FileMaker Cloud, you must enable incoming access (to port 2399) on your FileMaker Cloud instance in order for MirrorSync to communicate with it using xDBC. You can do this in the AWS console, follow along with this short video:
A Few Final Notes
*You will want to reference our MirrorSync and FileMaker Cloud documentation for complete technical guidelines.
*Users running regular FileMaker Server on a Mac or Windows computer can install MirrorSync 4 on their own server.
*We've designed MirrorSync to be something that even a novice user can integrate, but we're standing by when you need more advanced help. If you just want your sync integration to be completed as quickly as possible, we're available to do the work for you directly at our hourly consulting rates. Fill out our message form for advanced help!
Download MirrorSync 4
Connect with us on Social Media for news and updates:
I am trying to set up MirrorSync with a Data Separation Model setup and need a spot of help. I have the DATA file hosted on FMPHost.com, and a local copy of the UI. The documentation states that I must set up MirrorSync in the UI file, then copy that across to the DATA file. However, the setup window only gives me the option to select the DATA file. I'm a bit stuck now, could anyone shed some light on how to proceed?
Thanks in advance!