Network sharing issue

This topic is 2633 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Good morning.

My client has FMS14 running on a terminal server with about 8 clients using it at any one time from that terminal server. From the reports I am getting back, when they open the solution, they are getting a message that appears to show that the Network Sharing has been enabled. As I understand it, when the solution is hosted on FMS, then the Network Sharing (for peer to peer?) should be disabled, however, even after turning off Network Sharing, it appears to come back again. Why is this? How do I stop it please?

The only problem it seems to be causing is the initial error message when the solution is opened. I access the file remotely (not through the TS) and I don't get that message - I'm also the only Mac client if that makes any difference.

Any ideas would be appreciated. :-)

Greg

BAD DEPLOYMENT - BAD DEPLOYMENT

Apologies for shouting but this needs to be fixed ASAP.

FMS should not be on the TS box.  The error indicates that OS level file sharing is active on the files or the folders where the files are AND that the users are not using "open remote' to acces the files but locate them through Windows Explorer.  This is the fastest way to corrupt the files.

The users should never be able to locate the files through Windows Explorer, only through Open Remote.

Hi Wim,

Thanks for being subtle there. lol      I should clarify - reading back my wording does say what you read.  

FMS is install on it's own Windows Server, and FMP installed on the TS box.  The icon on the desktop of each user (on the TS) does not point to the actual file through Explorer but through Open Remote. I'm pretty sure it's a launcher file, but will check with the provider/host nonetheless.

If Network Sharing is enabled in the file, and I have seen it on, and switched it off, why has it returned? What triggers it back on? Do I have to open the file locally to disable then then publish it again? (If that makes sense), as my disabling it doesn't seem to hold.

Thanks for the reply.

Cheers,
Greg

Ok, much better :)

You should not turn of network sharing in the FM file itself.  That setting is fine as it is.

The error then probably comes from the launcher file.  You say that it is on each user's TS desktop but probably it is shared from some folder somewhere and that could explain why the message comes up.

This topic is 2633 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.