guit4eva

Duplicate entries...a lot of them

Hey guys,

How does Mirrorsync actually work? Does it use the creation timestamp to find and sync the same records? I have a problem where after a sync last night, I'm left with about 146 duplicates of each record. Quite a few of my records don't have creation field data as this field was only created after I already had many records in the database. Needing to rectify this quite urgently, so any help or input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Please use the 'Send problem report and log files' hyperlink on the MirrorSync launch page. This will send use your log file. Please be sure to include at least one example primary key of a record that was duplicated.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By philipcaplan
      I have a table with about 100,000 records. One of the fields in the table is called "DecimalNumber" (type is "Number").
      There are many records (perhaps 10 to 20%) which have the same value in that field as another. Sometimes only 2 records have common values, sometimes more.
      What I want to do is to delete all records except one of each of those which share a value, thereby removing 'duplicates'.
      How do I achieve this? I assume a script will be needed, if so please can you give me the whole of that script.
      Many thanks in anticipation.
    • By interrobang
      I have only been working with FileMaker for a couple of months now, and it seems pretty daunting.

The most pressing issue that I need help with is finding the duplicates in my contacts database.

I've followed the instructions found here: http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3441
      And here is my script:

My "UniqueID" field uses the contact's last name and email address to calculate a unique id.
      I followed the instructions exactly... slowly figuring out how to accomplish each step. I am fairly confident that every step is correct except for "If [$id = Scratch::UniqueID]" because I didn't know how to enter the variable into the calculation. I just typed it in... which I don't think is correct. Also, on my computer (in the picture) the $ sign looks more like an S, but on another computer it looks as it should.

Thank you for any time and advice you're able to give!
    • By Willy Koch
      Hello,
      This one is a bit tricky:

I have a database with people where the email is the primary key. These people can have one or more values from a value list. The value list are different check box categories that the person belongs to, like what type of movie they prefer: Action, Comedy, Cartoon etc.

Is there a script or function that will check for duplicates on import and retain the existing values, and just append the new category? Or in other words:

Jack@example.com already exists in the database and he likes "Drama" and "Detective movies"

In an external text file, with several people, there's also an entry for
      jack@example.com "Romantic comedy"

When this duplicate record is found, I'd like the import process to append "Romantic Comedy" to Jack's record, so it reads:
      jack@example.com "Detective movies", "Drama", "Romantic comedy"

It's given that I've created the new value list entry before importing.

Thanks for any pointers.

Regards,

Willy T. Koch
      Norway

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.