Sign in to follow this  
trevix

Upload to FMS 17 login pane grayed out

I have a developer subscription.

My FMS17 works fine on OSX 10.12.6.

I installed FMS17 on a Win7 (VMware) virtual machine (developer should allow up to 3 FMS) and FMS seems to work fine: I login, see the demo file, etc.

The problem is that when I try to upload a DB from FMPA, both from OSX or from the VM Win7, I see the FMS but the login pane is greyed out.

I reinstalled FMS to no avail.

Is there a problem with Win7? Something else?

Thanks

Trevix

According to FMS 17 Technical Specifications:

Note: Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Standard and Enterprise Editions are no longer supported. Please update your operating system before upgrading to FileMaker Server 17.

Certified Operating Systems*
Windows Server 2016 Standard Edition (with Desktop Experience)
Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard Edition with Update (see Microsoft KB 2919355)

:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By naio
      I have FMS17 running a system shell script that does the following:
      Tar the latest backup folder and leave it into a specific 'tar' folder Mount an external volume share rsync external share and tar folder The script was running twice a day without any problem until last week when I upgraded the server OS from High Sierra to Catalina.
      FMS event log just shows the following:
      Schedule "schedule-name" aborted; aborted by user. Possibly it's a problem with permissions but how to fix it?
    • By gczychi
      Browsing through my event logs, I am finding weird scripting errors, like:
      ... Information 645 ...local Schedule "Import Main (every minute 8-20)" scripting error (401) at "Import : Import Main : 36 : Perform Find". How can a simple «Perform Find» script step (which works just fine in the server scheduled script, btw.) generate a scripting error? Occasions where the FoundSet = 0 should be considered «normal».
      I also have found other errors, that shouldn't be errors, like «Go to Record/Request/Page [ Next ; Exit after last ]», when there is no next Record.
      What is the best way to prevent this? It’s clogging the log files.
      Thanks a lot for any insight!
      Gary

• By Koonce
      I have an export script and it tries to save to server i need it to save to the local desktop cannot get scrip to work... I know Im doing wrong... need help thanks in advance.

• By Fabian
      My users like using a FTP client as they can upload files "in the background" and keep working in FM. When I want them to upload the files straight through FM, I get compliance issues because of this (files could be 500Mb). If the file is already on the FMS I do PSoS, but when it's on the client desktop using FM will block them from working in FM during upload.
      Is there a good way to achieve uploading from the client in the background, without blocking FM?
    • By stuee
      Hi,
      I have a container which i click on and take a photo on my ipad and it shows in the container. I want to be able to click that image on the ipad or pc to view the image full size after. How can i do this?
  • Who Viewed the Topic

2 members have viewed this topic:
    TobiasLiebhartKoschierSE  Charles Calthrop 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.