Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Exchange/Outlook Categories?

This topic is 1829 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Just getting started and doing some research/planning before installing everything.

I know Zulu supports multiple calendars but does it support outlook categories? 

I would like to be able to assign different categories along with using with multiple calendars.

Also reading the documentation , I don't see field mapping for things like Title or location of the event, just summary and note, where do these end up on the calendar event ?

- or should I just install everything and find out ! 😛

Thanks for any help in advance

Edited by Johnre

• 4 months later...

I have this same question. I have a database with an events table that I want to sync to an Office 365 shared calendar, and it's very important that I am able to put the filemaker events into the correct Category in the online calendar. And then I'm hoping that the coloring will just take care of itself based on the colors people have set up for their Categories. Could someone please respond?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Johnre,

I apologize for the delay in response. Eric submitted a ticket to our support service and I responded there.

Zulu does not sync Category information to FileMaker; however, we may include it in a future release. For now, you'll have to provide different Calendars that filter events based on the value of a particular field. Documentation for that can be found at the following link:

http://docs.360works.com/index.php/Zulu_-_Filtering

If by Title, you mean the name of the event, that maps to the Summary field with object name SUMMARY. The location of the event is mapped to a field with object name LOCATION, and note captures information like a description of the event. I don't know what version of Zulu you were looking at, but the Location field is certainly included on the current version of Zulu (major version 3).

This topic is 1829 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.