Sign in to follow this  
owangolama

Allowing zoom and scroll for JUST a container field instead of the whole layout

Hello. Working on my first FMGo solution. I've locked the zoom and turned off the menus so that things aren't crazy bouncing around all the time.

I have a large detailed graphic in the middle of the layout. I would like the user to be able to zoom and slide that graphic to see more detail and or simply move around the visible portion. Can I use gestures to do this? (Pinch, expand, and finger slide, or whatever that's called.) If so, how would I go about figuring this out (I couldn't find an example anywhere).

Thanks in advance for any help!

tap on image navigate to another layout only showing the graphic turn off zoom lock while on layout - use back button in top/bottom navigation to return previous layout setting zoom lock

Sorry... I replied to this once already, but I'm not sure why it didn't post. I don't understand this answer.

Simply put, I have a graphic on the page that I'd like to pinch and zoom without going to another layout. It needs to stay in the same place and not spawn a bunch of other controls. Perhaps this is not possible? Thanks as always for any help.

You could try viewing the graphic in a webviewer, but that means exporting the image before you can view it in the webviewer. Haven't tried it, but you should be able to pinch and zoom in that case.

1 hour ago, OlgerDiekstra said:

You could try viewing the graphic in a webviewer, but that means exporting the image before you can view it in the webviewer. Haven't tried it, but you should be able to pinch and zoom in that case.

I don't know if that would work.

But I am quite sure you don't need to export the image before you can view it in a web viewer - see the attached demo.

Container2WebViewer.fmp12

Nifty. Didn't know that. 'Set Webviewer', must remember that.

Thanks Comment!

If I can do it without exporting, that might work, but I was really hoping to keep it in a "normal" interface since I have to do other things with it that I certainly can't do in the viewer. Nonetheless, I am grateful for this advice. 

The simple answer to my original question unfortunately appears to be "No." :(

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Scrimshaw
      I have all of my credit card payment items in a file with fields for payment date and Reconciled. I enter the payments when I become aware of them and some are entered with a payment ahead of the actual date of entry. I wish to know what my actual bank balance is at any time which means subtracting items not reconciled. I make all entries on my iPhone as they occur and from time to time via Filemaker Go synchronise with my Mac. on the Mac I can run a script that sorts firstly by reconciliation and then by date ascending and this places the itms not yet reconciled at the end making easy to determine the actual bank balance. But when I synchronise that with my iPhone on Filemaker Go, the records are not synchronising in the same order as on the Mac. I would appreciate some help
    • By Answers
      Is it possible to take photos on your iPhone and in Filemaker Go select multiple images from  the camera roll and add them to the database all at once. It doesn't appear this is possible but I thought I'd throw it out there.
      Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
      Caroline
    • By Dimitrios Fkiaras
      Hello,
      I have a script with a single step, attached to a button.
      Step: Open URL: "prizmogo://x-callback-url/captureText?input=camera&ocr=el&x-success=fmp://$/MYFILE?/script=Dialogue"
      When I press the button, the Prizmo Go application fires up, I take a photo of the text, it recognizes it but the application stays open.
      I want to close the application and return the results to FileMaker. What am I doing wrong?
      Anyone?
      Thanks.
    • By Randy Bennett
      Yes, I did say iPhone 5 -
      I have a small database i created that has a few portals on different layouts - Everything works fine on my Mac, fine on my iPhone X, even fine on my iPad mini
      However, I need it to also work on an old iPhone 5 and the portal data is just blank - nothing. In fact, I really ONLY need it to work on this old iPhone 5 (This particular database will go to a music festival to be used by several other people and I can't give them my iPhone) 
      I have another layout with different portals that are working on the iPhone 5 - but not this main screen. 
      I have made sure that all of my fields are small and inside the portal. - So, I am stuck as to why? BTW - It is Filemaker Go 16.0.4.456 (The latest version that I can install on an iPhone 5)

• By Jarvis
      I use Filemaker Pro 14 to communicate with my cabinet shop.   I host my databases on a remote server that costs me $55 per month.  The total ecosystem consists of three iMacs, three iPads and an i-Phone. The iPads & iPhone are, of course, hooked to the database with FM GO.
      I am usually fairly slow to adopt new software and new operating systems for several reasons.   For many years I was first in line for every hardware and software upgrade.  Over time I accumulated a lot of software and a lot of machines.  The machines were always smarter than me and the software plenty competent enough.  None of the new features were compelling enough to jump ship from what I was working with.    Usually an upgrade on a piece of software required an upgrade to OSX.  I couldn't simply upgrade one piece of software without upgrading all of the software and sometimes this meant I needed new work stations as well.  
      I would be happy with Filemaker 14 for the rest of my life.  My CAD software is out of date but I can play it like a piano.  I prefer desktop applications over cloud based solutions.  I am also getting a little fatigued by everybody having their hand in my pocket for $70 a month.  (The software companies seem to have concluded where price elasticity kicks in)

Enough of my rant:  MY QUESTION is:  Is it possible to add  (FM14 compatible) Filemaker  Go to to additional iPads if they are accessing FM14 based solutions?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.