Jump to content
Ismail AlAbdulmohsen

Lock Records if creation date more than a month

Recommended Posts

In users' privilege set, select 'Custom privileges…' for Records access, then select 'limited…' for Edit privileges in the relevant table. Use a formula like:

Get ( CurrentDate ) - CreationDate < 30

as the calculation. Of course, you need to have a CreationDate field that auto-enters the creation date for this.

 

Edited by comment
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, comment said:

In users' privilege set, select 'Custom privileges…' for Records access, then select 'limited…' for Edit privileges in the relevant table. Use a formula like:


Get ( CurrentDate ) - CreationDate < 30

as the calculation. Of course, you need to have a CreationDate field that auto-enters the creation date for this.

 

IS this same formula can be applied with layoutenter script trigger ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, but triggers are layout specific so if you forget to cover one place where one of its fields exists...

Using Record Level Access in the privileges is a much better solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2019 at 5:49 PM, Ismail AlAbdulmohsen said:

how can I change the message that will come to user when he try to update an old record?

I don't know a really good way to do this. The best that I can think of is attach an OnLayoutKeystroke script trigger to the layout, with a script that does something like:

If [ Get ( AccountPrivilegeSetName ) = "Users" ] 
  Beep
  Show Custom Dialog [ "Your message" ]
  Exit Script [ Result: False ] 
End If

However, you will still get the standard access privilege error message if, for example, you drag and drop into a field.

 

Edited by comment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2019 at 4:12 AM, Dr.Gopala krishnam raju AMBATI said:

IS this same formula can be applied with layoutenter script trigger ???

No, because you still want users to be able to browse the records.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2019 at 1:54 AM, comment said:

I don't know a really good way to do this. The best that I can think of is attach an OnLayoutKeystroke script trigger to the layout, with a script that does something like:


If [ Get ( AccountPrivilegeSetName ) = "Users" ] 
  Beep
  Show Custom Dialog [ "Your message" ]
  Exit Script [ Result: False ] 
End If

However, you will still get the standard access privilege error message if, for example, you drag and drop into a field.

 

Hello; I'm using this function in the Access see attached, so how can I resolve it;

Error Message 1.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2019 at 7:03 PM, Ismail AlAbdulmohsen said:

I'm using this function in the Access see attached, so how can I resolve it;

Not sure what your question is.

Edited by comment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2019 at 1:26 AM, comment said:

Not sure what your question is.

Hello; I'm using this { Get ( CurrentDate ) - CreationDate < 30} in the Custom Record Privileges as calculation for limited access so the user can not modify the record if it is more than 30 days since created.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.