FMS Linux & LetsEncrypt-Certificate?

Has anyone played with latest FMS Linux and LetsEncrypt-Certificates? 
(How) does it work?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Newbies
  1. install `certbot` you will need to run the following:
    sudo yum install epel-release
    sudo yum install certbot
  2. https://github.com/jon91/FileMaker-LetsEncrypt-CentOS-7

• 1 month later...

@jon91 once you've run this script once, certbot is always going to update the cert in /etc/letsencrypt/live/${DOMAIN}/ 30 days prior to expiry, right? So you don't actually have to repeat the certbot command.

I'm assuming when you execute this script, it gives users a 60 second warning and then boots them out forcefully, which could result in lost data, and presumably if I happen to be running a long script that's editing data, it will terminate abruptly at the end of the 60 second countdown?

I'm trying to think of a better way... like a daily script that only proceeds if no users are connected, checks if the current certificate file is at least 60 days old, and proceeds to replace it and restart the service. Perhaps if the certificate is over 75 days, then you would consider a more forceful process, and only after sending multiple warnings to users. This is similar to how FileMaker Cloud's daily restart works - it is normally skipped when users are connected, but proceeds anyway if there are "critical updates".

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By V8S
      A small number of international remote workers require access to specific customer records that they should work on. Each worker has a code number and customer records are tagged with their code number accordingly.
      For years I have used a complex system of restricted privileges and scripting to hide the thousands of other records from these users. User experience is VERY slow.
      As suggested on one of the Filemaker forums, I am trying to implement a new system using a CONTROL table of customer IDs linked via a relationship to the CUSTOMERS table.
      CONTROL TABLE
      CustomerID Control_Code 123 UserA CUSTOMERS TABLE
      CustomerID Control_Code Name Address 123 UserA Mr Joe Bloggs 456 Main Street  
      A layout based on the CONTROL table shows fields from CUSTOMERS. The user can navigate their customer records without the performance overhead of loading thousands of customer records they shouldn't access. This is much faster.
      When UserA logs in, a global list variable sets which code(s) they can access.
      User $$AccessibleControlCodes UserA X
      Y
      UserB Z UserA should see only records in the CONTROL table records with a Control_Code of either "X" or "Y", but not "Z".
      A privilege restriction on CONTROL::Control_Code works. If I show all records, UserA can see X and Y records. Z records show "No Access".
      not IsEmpty(FilterValues ( Control_Code ; $$AccessibleControlCodes )) It would be annoying for UserA to have to flip through dozens of "No Access" records, so I still need to limit the visible records with a Find.
      Sadly, Find does not work at all on the layout. Doing any Find on any field always returns no results. Even though I am logged in as UserA and can see the X and Y records, trying to do a find of those same records doesn't work.
      I imagine this is a product of the privilege restriction but I can't figure out another route to take.
      I feel it would be inelegant to build separate CONTROL tables for each user. This would probably work, but I have multiple portal relationships for each control table and would need multiple scripts, multiple layouts, etc If we added remote workers, it would be a nightmare.
      Ideas please?

• By Spidey
      Hi, 
      I have Filemaker 19 and have a calendar on the layout. My question is I don't want to have events on the calendar. Instead, I want to display orders and some of the information. Is there a way to do it? Thanks.
      calender.fmp12
    • By OneRedmouse
      Hi Everyone
      My database has just developed a strange issue after working fine for years and months after updating to FM19
      Mac M1 Big Sur 11.4 FM 19.2.114
      I go to a set of records (e.g. Invoices or Bills)
      I do a find for a company 
      X number of records comes up
      If I step through the records using the default chevrons (top left) I step through the records without issue
      However if I click the slider to go from the first found record to the last the records do not change. The record will go from 1 to (say) 25 but it will still show record 1. The chevrons work up to a point randomly changing the record displayed but not changing the slider or the record
      Has anyone seen this before?
      Thanks for your help in advance...
    • By Ismail AlAbdulmohsen
      Hello; how can we interface between FileMaker Pro Apps and cash machine from Banks so when making invoice the amount required will be sent to the machine and buyer will need to insert bank card and password then will be authorized.
      Thanks
    • By bgscott
      I have a field, item ID, set to auto enter a serial number and validation set to not empty and unique.  If the serial number entered is not unique I do not get an error message when exiting the item ID field.  If I turn off auto enter serial number and manually enter a non unique item ID, I do get an error message when I exit the field.
      With auto enter a serial number turned on I only get the non unique error message when I commit the record.  I would like to get the error message when exiting the field when auto enter a serial number is turned on
      Any suggestions?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.