Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Multiple instances of FMP Unlimited?

This topic is 8331 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I work in higher ed., and Filemaker is very popular with faculty. Lately we've been hosting more and more FileMaker solutions on the web with Unlimited. Unfortunately, we're running up against the 50 file limit.

I'm wondering if it's possible to run multiple instances of Unlimited on the same (NT) machine. I have no problem shelling out for more licences, but I really don't want to buy another box, as the current one is mostly idle... although we have 50 files running, none of them are serving very high-traffic websites.

I'm envisioning running 2 or more instances of Unlimited on the same box, listening on different ports of course, and running Web Connector to make them look like they're all in the same place. Has anyone ever tried this? Or am I stuck purchasing another server if I want to keep building Filemaker solutions? I don't want to switch to MSSQL and ASP. smile.gif" border="0

Jack

• 3 weeks later...

I'd say download the 5.5 trial and give it a try...

It should work if 4 and 5 both did... you might sacrifice some performance, but it doesn't sound like that's much of an issue...

Post your results I'd like to hear how it turns out...

[ July 05, 2001: Message edited by: Arin ]

This topic is 8331 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.