Server Maintenance This Week. ×

filemaker unlimited setup

This topic is 7352 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am very new to using Unlimited. We have a solution with 50+ files that has been in use for years. Some of our clients what to start using filemaker over a wireless connection via the internet. We already have a way to connect to the web server wirelessly.

Am I correct in setting up this configuration:

Server 1 - Database server with FileMaker Server software (just as it has been.

Server 2 - Web server with windows web software on the Filemaker Server Connector.

Clients - FileMaker Unlimited

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Version: v5.x

Platform: Windows 2000

Hi, mgm! I'm the wrong person to answer but since no one's cleared this up for you yet, I'll try in case you are in a hurry. I'm sure folks will correct me if I blunder...

FileMaker - Unlimited is for serving to the web only and not meant for clients (although it should work fine as a client if you wanted to do so) FMU is pretty much exaclty the same product as FM client but it has no IP address restriction for web service. If you are using other web server software (apache, miis, etc.), I think you can use Web Server Connector to help integrate this and juggle load over multiple servers, but WSC has always been mysterious to me so I could be wrong. I do not use it and do not have FM Server.

Your clients would continue to use regular client versions of FMP.

Sorry, I don't know how to connect FM Server w/ FMU. Someone may take over where I have left off, but you can also check the posts... it's probably in there already somewhere.

Good luck!

--ST

This topic is 7352 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.