Creating small label printing database

This topic is 3547 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi there,

I need to create a database for printing labels. The actual data stored is minimal (only 3 x fields).

The tricky part (for me) is working out how I can select the number of times that a particular record is printed.

Example:

I want to print a sheet of labels that has record one printed fifteen times on the sheet, then record two printed eight times and so on.

I essentially need some way of putting a number in each record that represents the number of times that it will occur in the 'label' report.

Any help would be REALLY superb.

Thanks people!

Edited by Guest

You could do this by making a related table that has three auto enter fields... with record creation turned on over a relationship. Its a bit more difficult to manage this dynamically..

Thats my line of thinking anyway. If no one else has any bright ideas ill explain it more.

~Genx

• 5 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here is a simple label generator that you could adapt to your needs.

I can't thank you enough for this, I have torn out both of my hairs trying to get exactly this and then I found your file

• 3 months later...
  • Newbies

I need some Paid changes to this database and script, can Anyone do it

• 2 years later...
  • Newbies

This thread seems to be quite old, but the labelgenerator solution provided here is exactly what I require. The problem is when I try to replicate the same solution in my database, it doesn't work. 

Instead of just having the rows repeated as per the label field, what happens is attached in the snapshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c2q5s1g3ccpqzq3/Screenshot%202014-02-15%2009.02.43.png

I assume it is to do with the Extend function not working properly - here is the calculation field: Case ( Get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber ) ≤ Extend ( Labels_qty ) ; Extend ( UniqueProductID ) ). This gets repeated 50 times (way more than the number of label prints I'd need)

The Script used: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zhccxtu0ef2o49u/Screenshot%202014-02-15%2009.06.09.png

Let me know what other information I can provide.

Thanks for the help!

• 5 months later...

Thanks Comments ,

Really a superb temp you have posted for generating the labels by quantity.While going through this temp I find whatever quantity we put in label quantity column we get preview of same but when I work with my customised temp for generating labels after applying your script in my customised table I found that everything is ok (I am getting) but the no. of label quantity which I have defined in Quantity column are not getting as per defined. I hope am somewhere wrong. I have done all permutations but not getting result.

I am attaching small file for your perusal to locate my mistake.

Once again very much thanks for your nice share

HERE IS LINK https://www.dropbox.com/s/k1z1x7yhccahq6q/PRODUCT%20LABEL.rar

To lee sir, Yet I have read your thread but I am getting this error while attaching the file with browse. Down side error clip is attached

post-111634-0-30614100-1407408067_thumb.

Do not multiple post your questions.

I deleted your other post as a duplicate, although you really didn’t have a question in it.

Where is your attachment?

Lee

This topic is 3547 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.