Drop-down list not showing all values

BeckhamTX

This topic is 4096 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a database that contains a value list that is made up of values from a field (Person's Name) in one table.

In a layout for a related table, I have a drop-down list that uses the value list.

Recently I noticed that some of the items (Names) that should be in the value list/drop down list do not appear. I have the value list to sort the names, so when selecting the drop-down list I see names in ABC order. The names that do not appear are towards the end of the alphabet (ex: Walter Smith.) However if I change the name of Walter Smith to AWalter Smith, it then shows up, but then one of the names that previously showed up at the bottom is not there anymore.

The table that the value list populates from only has 807 records. I dont think there is a limit to the number of values you can have in a drop down list, or at least not one I've encountered before or have been able to find in any documentation.

I do know it is not a problem with the value list because if I cahnge the field to a popup menu instead i do see all of the Names! I need to keep using a drop-down list because the list is so long (800 + values) it takes forever to scroll through a popup menu, especially since you cant start to type the first part of the name and have it move down to that section in the menu.

Any ideas on whats going on?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

This topic is 4096 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.