Looking for Advice/Consultant

lanceomni

This topic is 4714 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am working on a DB to help me organize some of my marketing coordinator tasks at a construction company. I have a pretty good start in terms of my concept but im starting to think that I may be painting myself into a corner.

Description:

The DB holds information about projects, entities(clients), and contacts. I am using join tables to handle the many-many relationships. For example an entity can have many contacts and projects associated with it and projects themselves can have many contacts associated. It would be nice to also have the ability to relate many entities with a single project. For example architect, engineer, owner, operator...

Question:

I am looking for advice and/or a consultant who would be willing to take a look at my project and give me a quote for what it would take to complete certain relationship issues.

Any information, advice, or consultant services would be greatly appreciated. I have attached the file for reference. Let me know what you think.

Best Regards,

Justin

DB_v0.08.fp7.zip

Edited by bcooney
removed email address

Please enable personal conversations in your profile. That is how someone can contact you who is interested in this project.

Also, FMI has a list of consultants in your area. Have you checked that list?

BTW, can a project have many entities? Have you considered assigning an entity and then choosing from those contacts to create a child table of people assigned to the project with a RoleID?

Please enable personal conversations in your profile. That is how someone can contact you who is interested in this project.

Also, FMI has a list of consultants in your area. Have you checked that list?

BTW, can a project have many entities? Have you considered assigning an entity and then choosing from those contacts to create a child table of people assigned to the project with a RoleID?

Thank you for the advice. I believe I have now enabled personal conversations and email.

I did not look for local consultants as I did not want to narrow my results.

I thought about something like your RoleID solution but I was not sure how that would work out for listing related records in a portal. I may not be savvy enough to understand.

If I am unable to find someone to help, I was considering starting from scratch and creating a simple version with limited features. I would hate to toss what I have as it took some time to conceptualize and add features.

Do you have an example of the use of RoleID in a similar database? Feel free to email or PM.

I'll see if I have some time to put together a demo. Have you looked at any of the free templates, such as FM Starting Point?

Starting Point is fantastic. I can remove unneeded content and add in my specific needs.

I only see two issues. One minor and one that I will need to address.

1. In my database, I have a separate table to store phone, address, & etc. In the past I would run into situations where contacts would have multiple entries for this type of information and I wanted to avoid this. By creating a separate table I have increased the complexity to the point where I would need help in order to add functionality to make this information useful beyond just looking at it.

FM Starting Point gives two entries for this information but I think I can deal with it.

2. The concept is to keep track of all our projects. Each project can have many companies associate via a role. Architect, engineer, & etc. Beyond our completed projects, I would like to keep track of entities which can be current clients or future prospects.

I am hoping that I can use the accounts table to keep track of clients, and future prospects. I am just wondering how to weave other firms into the mix.

This topic is 4714 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.