FM3 Runtime not running on Windows 7

This topic is 3545 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello All,

I have an old program that has FM3 runtimes that works fine on Windows XP. I tried to see if it would run on Windows 7 yet everytime i try to do that, nothing happens. I tried to have to program run in compatibility mode (Windows XP - SP3, WIndows XP - SP2) to no avail.

Is there any limitation that anyone knows of with FM3 and WIndows 7 or is it something beyond filemaker?

Please advise

Thanks

This topic is 3545 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Jotel
      I have been serving my solution on a LAN quite successfully but recently went to a WAN and now I am getting lots of complaints about speed. I am hosting with FMPServer 3.4 on s dedicated windows NT 4.0 Server. I have some files that are being hosted that I could remove from the server - would that help? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    • By donwolf93
      A user was using FileMaker 3 (we use 3 and 4) on our network and tried to print and crashed so he restarted the machine. Now when I try to access the file, I get the message: "That file has been damaged or possibly had its access priviledges tampered with"
      I've tried opening it from 3 and from 4, and copying the file, and recovering the file. (Recover performs steps one and two and then reports that it cannot find the file in question)
      Any idea on how to recover this file?
      email appreciated donwolf93@hotmail.com
    • By Norbert Wells
      This may be a really amateur question... but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do a find on a text field for records that "begin with" or "start with" a specific text string whether it be part of the first word or the entire first word. I am using FM Pro 4.0 and wonder why FileMaker Inc. didn't include a way to quickly and easily perform this seemingly simple task.
      Any thoughts? (I have already searched FileMakers Tech Info Library to no avail.)
    • By Chip Wallace
      Is it possible to use FM's find capabilities to search my inventory on the web? I want customers to be able to find what they're looking for, prices, etc., not to buy on-line, but to ease the heavy seasonal phone traffic in the store. I'm using Adobe GoLive to create the web site. Thanks for any help.
    • By Kymberlee
      HELP! Ever since I switched my old Mac IIcx for an iMac, FM crashes the system whenever I try to create a new summary field. Why?
  • Who Viewed the Topic

3 members have viewed this topic:
    bens  sal88  acurrie 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.