Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Filter portals based on radio button field

bcolburn

This topic is 4587 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello all,

I'm trying to create a dynamic portal filter and am running into some problem. I'm a sub-summary layout that marks whether a piece of data is missing from a record in the body and then counts the total number for each record type in the sub-summary part. I am trying to create a portal that filters its contents based on a globally stored radio button field that contains all the possible types of missing data. Ultimately, I want to be able to select a data type in that field and have the portal below display only records with that data type missing. The goal is for the portal filter to be dynamic so I can select whatever data type I want in a sub-summary and find the relevant records.

I am not sure how to manage the portal relationship since the original table has a separate field for each type of data missing and the global field I'm creating a relationship to in the second TO has just one field with a value list that contains all data types. Is there a better way to do this? I've never used portals before and am not quite sure how to proceed in this case. Thanks!

B

This topic is 4587 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.