Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Custom Web Publishing PHP, FMS 13

This topic is 3644 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Does anyone know how to point a PHP custom web publishing page from a standalone web server to the FMS13 database server?

We are moving from FMSA11 to FMS13. In the past the Web Publishing Engine was on our standalone web server and the database machine was separate. In order to take advantage of the new features of 13 we put FMS13 as a single machine.

Our testing database has FMS13 on a single machine installation. Our testing business web site is on a stand alone web server on the same subnet at the FMS13 machine. I need to know if anyone has experience with this type of setup. It seems to me that the standalone web site should be able to call the database server for data. But initial testing does not seem to permit that. I bet I am doing something wrong.

Our web site PHP pages do not seem to be getting the FileMaker.php if i read the error below correctly. The same PHP pages seem to work when the WPE is on the Web site server like our current setup. Having the WPE on our web site machine is not possible if we want to use the new features of FMS since it needs to create its own web server. 

The PHP page has an include file defining the database that has been pointed to the IP of the FMS13 single machine, and by extension of course its WPE.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Erich

Error result below :

Into errorHandler() at line 15

---ERRNO---

---ERRSTR---

require_once(FileMaker.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

---ERRFILE---

/Volumes/Data/websitedata/inspiration.php

---ERRLINE---

---ERRCONTEXT---

Array

(

[_GET] => Array

(

)

[_POST] => Array

(

)

[_COOKIE] => Array

(

)

[_FILES] => Array

(

)

)

Backtrace of errorHandler()

Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[file] => /Volumes/Data/websitedata/inspiration.php

[line] => 7

[function] => errorHandler

[args] => Array

(

[0] => 2

[1] => require_once(FileMaker.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

[2] => /Volumes/Data/websitedata/inspiration.php

[3] => 7

[4] => Array

(

[_GET] => Array

(

)

[_POST] => Array

(

)

[_COOKIE] => Array

(

)

[_FILES] => Array

(

)

)

)

)

[1] => Array

(

[file] => /Volumes/Data/websitedata/inspiration.php

[line] => 7

[function] => require_once

)

)

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'FileMaker.php' (include_path='.:') in /Volumes/Data/websitedata/inspiration.phpon line 7

• 3 months later...
  • Newbies

I am having the same issue.

Was using FileMaker 12 Server Advanced on the same OS X 10.6.8 Server machine as the web server.

No problems here.

Installed FileMaker Server 13.02 on to an OS X 10.9.3 box on the same subnet and changed the DNS to point fms.example.com to the FMS 13 machine.

PHP is installed and tests properly on the new machine.

FileMaker's documentation seems to be silent on the matter – but I can't imagine that it is a unique problem.

This topic is 3644 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.