Creating a log for changes on a entry

felle

This topic is 2519 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hey Guys.

I have a db with a lot of different text fields, I often makes changes to these fields, and i'd like to have a log that record all the changes i make on all the text fields.

It should show each change as a new line like this:

On "date" field1 got changed from "something" to "new something" etc...

Anyone that can help me create that ?

This topic is 2519 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By HOnza
      Everyone is excited about Lion. Even though many new features on Mac OS X 10.7 are giving us improvements we kept asking for since 10.1, Apple has again succeeded in giving all the new features the strong essence of innovation that makes us unable to hesitate to install and try Lion out as soon as we are able to.
      But we are also afraid. What if some important apps stop working?
      Read more in my article. Alredy updated with links to other resources and opinions...
    • By Teilo
      So, the time has come. Runtime support is gone in 19.
      This puts me in a quandary. At my company, I have a handful of small apps that do nothing but import CSVs and print labels with barcodes on Zebra label printers, or packing slips with pictures for each item. These are one-off special purpose databases. There is no active data management. The scripts clear out the DB and import a fresh CSV on each run.
      I have tried making these applications work with Server, to no avail. I doubt anything has changed in 19.
      I can understand Claris wanting to move to an online subscription-based model, but the problem is that the server version is not at feature parity with the desktop client for certain essential things I need, like printing to a label printer, or exporting PDFs with images that come from a folder full of PNG files that change on each run.
      I have some time, obviously, but version 18 will not run forever, especially if Apple's shenanigans continue. Is Claris listening, or should I just assume that this is a lost cause?
    • By HOnza
      [FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE]
      24U Software releases LogMonitor for server administrators
      This new open-source tool can watch (not only) FileMaker(R) Server logs and send e-amail and push notifications when something important appears there

Prague, CZ -- August 1, 2019 -- 24U Software has released LogMonitor, a new open-source tool made for server administrators to efficiently stay aware of important events being recorded in various text logs.
      Most server apps write thousands of messages to their lots, so it's often difficult for a server admin to notice when an unusual message appears there. LogMonitor addresses this issue by allowing the admin to define patterns of messages which might be important to examine, and generates e-mail to alert the admin about such messages automatically.
      In addition to sending e-mails, LogMonitor can send also push notifications to the admin's smart phone via popular cloud service Pushover. Push notifications can be even enabled separately for each pattern, so that the admin can get push notifications for urgent issues and only e-mail notifications about things that do not require immediate attention.

About monitoring FileMaker Server logs
      As a FileMaker solution provider and custom apps developer, 24U has primarily developed LogMonitor to make administering and maintaining FileMaker Servers easier and more efficient.
      FileMaker Server used to have the option to send e-mail notifications about errors and warnings. Version 17 removed the option for warning notifications. With LogMonitor FileMaker Server admins not only get this feature back,  but they can get notified even about scripting errors if they are important. On the other side, thanks to using regular expression patterns, some unimportant errors and warnings can be set to be silently ignored by LogMonitor, making the admin receive notifications about things that really require attention.

About monitoring other server apps
      Even though LogMonitor is primarily designed for use with FileMaker Server, it can be equally useful for monitoring any other server app. It lets the admin define multiple different log files to monitor and different patterns to look for in the logs, it is even able to work around log rolling, a common method to prevent logs from growing too much in size by regularly renaming old logs and creating new ones.

Requirements
      LogMonitor is written in the Python scripting language and requires Python 3.6 in order to run. It comes with easy-to-use installers for macOS and Windows, but can be used on any platform capable of running Python 3.6.

Availability and Pricing
      LogMonitor is available free of charge as open source, licensed under the "GNU LGPLv3" License. 24U greatly appreciates any feedback and contributions, but cannot provide free support for the tool. Developers and server admins may hire 24U to help them with their projects, either by purchasing paid support or by utilizing 24U's custom development services.
      More information: https://www.24usoftware.com/logmonitor

About 24U Software
      With customers in 68 countries and 28 years of experience with the FileMaker platform, 24U excels in developing new or taking care of existing custom apps, optimizing their performance, identifying and resolving potential issues and liabilities, improving reliability, stability and scalability, integrating them with other systems including various hardware devices, and extending them beyond expectation.
      As a platinum member of the FileMaker Business Alliance, 24U helps global businesses around the world to maintain sustainable growth by working with their in-house developers or completely taking care of the maintenance and development of their business solutions.

Customer contact:
      HOnza Koudelka
      Software Division Manager, 24U s.r.o.
      [email protected]
      https://www.24usoftware.com

Press Contact:
      [email protected]
      ###
      (c)2019 24U s.r.o. All rights reserved. 24U and 24U Software are trademarks of 24U s.r.o. FileMaker is a trademark of FileMaker, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Pricing and availability are subject to change without notice.
    • By TaiChi56
      I have always developed with FileMaker for windows. I have bought myself a MacBook Air and love it. So now I am using FileMaker 16 Pro advance for MAC. I know that MAC does not label their directories like windows does. So I am having problems figuring out to get the right coding to access my photos. I have a folder called "Photos" that reside on the C: drive in windows. Then I reference that folder so pictures will populate automatically when I put in a record. Here is what I have on the windows fileMaker:
      ImagePath:
      Let ( [ // Transform the contents of a container field named Images to text ImageRef = GetAsText ( ImagePath); Photos = Position ( ImageRef; "/"; 1; PatternCount ( ImageRef; "/")) ]; Middle ( ImageRef; Photos + 1; Length ( ImageRef ) - Photos ) ) images:
      "imagewin:/C:/Photos/" & Film::title & ".jpg" Then I go into Import folder and point to the folder all the photos are in. The problem I have now is how to point to that folder in "imagewin", is their an alternative called imagemac, then I could put in Macintosh HD/Users/patricks/Documents.  The folder is in the Document folder, called Photos. Thank you for any help.
    • By Jonah74
      Am I righting in thinking I can use a case statement to evaluate two fields and return an answer into a third field ie: Field A has the number 27 in it. Field B has the number 32 in it.  Could the case statement look at the difference and put the difference in Field 3.The difference being 5? 
      I’m also trying to get this to do the math on data entry, so the figure in Field A is 27 but when the user enters the new figure in Field B (i.e 32), it looks at that difference between A and B, copies the difference of 5 to Field 3 and then also copies the figure 32 from Field B into Field A thereby updating Field A to the new value.
      Help, suggestions or thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.