Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Error Code 502

This topic is 3474 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

It was late when I added this post, but let me set this up. I went back to the drawing board, removed ALL of my ES_ table occurrences and just started with ONE table. I copied my hosted file to make my mobile file and then did a sync with only one ES_ relationship on one table. At this point, I have not changed any data.

When I run the sync with server, I get the error 502. It doesn't make sense to me because the table is an exact copy. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Ryan

502 is "number value does not meet validation entry options", so it sounds like one of your number fields has some validation on it that's causing the problem. I would try to figure out which one exactly. One way to do that is to add the "EXCL_" prefix to the names of all your number fields. Try to sync then. If it works, then systematically start removing the prefix from the names until you find the problem field.

This is a bit tedious of course, so a slightly faster way to identify the problem field might be to modify the SQL in the script that figures out which fields to sync. Assuming that the error is occuring when pushing data from the mobile file, you could modify the "Push Payload" script in the mobile file. Look for the comment "Get the names (and # of reps) of the fields in this table" and modify the Set Variable [$sync_fields] step below it.

For example, if your number fields are names "Amount", "Units", and "Height", then you could modify it like this:

Original:

ExecuteSQL ( "SELECT FieldName, FieldReps FROM FileMaker_Fields WHERE ( TableName = ? ) AND ( ( FieldClass = 'Normal' ) OR ( FieldName LIKE 'B64_%' ) ) AND ( FieldName NOT LIKE 'EXCL_%' ) AND ( FieldName <> 'ES_Exclude' ) AND ( FieldType NOT LIKE 'global%')"; "|"; ¶; $sync_table )

Modified:

ExecuteSQL ( "SELECT FieldName, FieldReps FROM FileMaker_Fields WHERE ( TableName = ? ) AND ( ( FieldClass = 'Normal' ) OR ( FieldName LIKE 'B64_%' ) ) AND ( FieldName NOT LIKE 'EXCL_%' ) AND ( FieldName <> 'ES_Exclude' ) AND ( FieldType NOT LIKE 'global%') AND ( FieldName NOT IN ( 'Amount', 'Units', 'Height' ) )"; "|"; ¶; $sync_table )

This topic is 3474 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.