Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 3468 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello guys, 

I am using the FMSP and now I am looking to make some change to ensure we can track changes to the inventory (in stock, re-orders, new_stock_amount), etc. 

I added some field in the product table, but even before I started trying to see it it would work, I realized that it would not.

Am I right to think that I need to add another table, like products_line_re-order to be able to track this changes? I do not want to use a second copy of FMSP (Which I though about) only for this company, so I could track my inventory, my re-orders, etc...

Can you guys point me to the right direction?

Thanks

Venko IT

Hi Venko,

So thats an interesting question.  Everyone tends to use FMSP a bit differently... but you are correct.  If you want to see a history of the items reordered... for FMSP... that actually needs to be a table that is added to products... and potentially wired into a PO system.

Actually its an interesting oversight on our part.

I can get this corrected on the next release, so ensure that individual re-orders are tracked.... but in a more serious business... those items will be part of a larger re-order... probably a PO.

An in some cases... it gets more crazy than that.  The company will place an order for what they want.... in a PO... then only SOME of the stuff will show up for various reasons to their warehouse... so those limited items have to be checked off against the PO... and then added to the warehouse... and the product quantity.

The question is how far I want to take this for a free product?   This level of depth is not something I get requests for very often.  The Product reorder transaction... needs to be addressed... but how far should we take it beyond that?

- RC

I will check with Todd G. on his suggestions on this... since I spent big chunks of the last 2 days with him.  - RC

• Newbies

Hi Richard, Lee, 

Thank you very much for your input. I agree with you...this is taking the free product to another level - which may not be beneficial in terms of cost. I can refer to one of your videos, where you say some one asked about some missing features, and you reply that this the Starting Point, nor End Point (LOL!!). 

I actually take FMSP as a tool for us, developers (of any level), to build on it, change, adapt to our needs...then it becomes something else. 

Once again thank you. I'll check Lee's suggestions on Todd's video...Also though about making some changes on the expenses tables to maybe add those missing fields to link with the products...

Like I said, FMSP IS a great starting point and we can play with it as much as we want. I probably broke some 3 or 4 copies, trying to make change to the back-end. But that's the fun of it!!

Venko

This topic is 3468 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.