Server Maintenance This Week. ×

PHP API Slowness

This topic is 3429 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hey there, I'm currently building a web interface that interacts with our filemaker solution (FM Server 13) and have run into some performance issues. We have a table which has 161,000 records, and I am exposing 6 of its fields via a layout. When I run a filemaker find command via the API, looking for specific values in 3 of these fields, it takes extremely long for the results to be returned (up to a minute sometimes). The result is usually 1 or 2 records.

For what its worth, I have another table with 73,000 records that does not have performance issues.

I've tried to use xdebug to profile my PHP code, and the majority of the response time is this one findCommand and curl_exec, so I don't think the slowness is on the webserver. I've also looked at the statistics page on the server and when the call is made there are tens of thousands of "remote calls" for the client used by the PHP API, not sure if this is normal or not. I thought about maybe increasing the PHP memory limit on the server, but not sure which php.ini is used by FileMaker Web Services. We're running OSX mavericks and I changed the value in a php.ini file that I found in "FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/publishing-engine/php/mavericks/lib/" from 128M to 1024MB but did not see any performance increase (though I am not sure that the change took effect, nor that that is right PHP ini file).

Anyone have any other ideas? The server that it is running on has 64GB of RAM, and finds are quick when using a filemaker software client. 

This topic is 3429 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.