Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Perform Script on Server failed

This topic is 3351 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

When trying to Perform Script on Server I get the following error dialog box, on the client that triggered the script:

"The account name and password you entered does not match those for any Filemaker account"

As a test, I setup a Server-Side Script with the same Full Access credentials as the user trying to run the PSOS. This Server-Side Script executed successfully.

Also, there is no problems logging into the database, for any of the users.

I can only Perform a Script on Server, if I log into the file as a 'Guest'.

Setup

1 single database on

FMS 13.0.5 on Mac OS X Mavericks (not OS X Server)

FMP 13.0.5 client on Windows 7

I need to have the users log in with their credentials and PSOS.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hello,

When trying to Perform Script on Server I get the following error dialog box, on the client that triggered the script:

"The account name and password you entered does not match those for any Filemaker account"

I would think the issue is not with PSoS... PSoS inherits the credentials from the user and since it all runs on the server it can not display an error dialog on the client.

When you use script debugger and run through the script step by step, does the dialog show as you execute the PSoS step?

When I run the calling script, I get a 213 error: "User account and/or password does not exist"

Where is it that Filemaker Server expects this account to exist? Obviously I opened the file with this account.

Let me give you a bit more details of my procedure.

Since I saw this behaviour in my project, I am testing all this in a brand new database with the default Admin and Guest account, 1 table and 1 field. Here are the scripts I am using:

Script Name: "PSOS Call"
Run script with full access privileges On
•Perform Script on Server [ “PSOS script” ] [ Wait for completion ]
•Exit Script [ ]

Script Name: "PSOS script"
Run script with full access privileges On

•Go to Layout [ “yut” ]
•Show All Records
•Go to Record/Request/Page [ First ]
•Set Field [ yut::opa; Get ( ScriptName ) ]

The interesting thing is that if I login as a 'Guest', the PSoS executes successfully. I guess because there is no user that needs to "exist".

I was wondering if this is related to a "Mac Server / Windows client" enviroment, if setting up Open Directory on the Mac Server, which I do not know anything about, would help.

Thanks

"Guest" is a user like any other account.  The account obviously has to exist in the file.

Is the "admin" account configured for the "fmapp" extended privilege?

PSoS works without issues in a mixed environment; I do that all the time.

Do you have just the one file or multiple files?  Is "yut" layout for instance based on a TO from another file?

Is the "admin" account configured for the "fmapp" extended privilege?

Yes, "fmapp" is used by [Full Access] and [Read-Only Access]. "Admin" uses [Full Access] and "Guest" uses [Read-Only Access].

These are the default when this database was created and has not been modified.

Do you have just the one file or multiple files?  Is "yut" layout for instance based on a TO from another file?

There are several files in the server, but this file is free standing. It does not connect to any other file and no other file connects to it. Manage --> External Data Sources is empty.

"yut" is not a layout for instance based on a TO from another file. "yut" is a layout for a local table called "yut" in the file called "yut".

I do not know if this is relevant, but the Mac Mavericks machine where FMS 13.0.5 resides, does not have the OS X Server installed. I do not know if that could be an issue in this case.

Thanks

I do not know if this is relevant, but the Mac Mavericks machine where FMS 13.0.5 resides, does not have the OS X Server installed. I do not know if that could be an issue in this case.

No, mine don't either - that's not a factor.  You mentioned Open Directory a bit earlier, that is not in use right now, right?

On FMS, how many concurrent PSoS session are configured?

No, mine don't either - that's not a factor.  You mentioned Open Directory a bit earlier, that is not in use right now, right?

No, it is not in use

On FMS, how many concurrent PSoS session are configured?

I have taken a screenshot (below) of the failed massage on FMP, along with the Status and Log messages in FMS when the script fails.

Maybe there is something there, that can shed some light.

Thanks

FMSnotices.jpg

Hello,

To further test this, I installed this file in a Windows FM Server and PSoS executed successfully with all users. Therefore my assumption is that the authentication of ALL users, but the 'Guest', only fails on this server

Mac Mini with Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 (no OS X Server)

Filemaker Server 13.0.5

I do have a suspicion of what FMS might be doing:

On the Mac Mini, previous to Yosemite with no OS X Server, this machine was running Mountain Lion WITH OS X Server.

The machine was upgraded to Yosemite, to accommodate FMS 13. But, because no services of the OS X Server 1.5.0 were ever used with Mountain Lion, OS X Server 4.0 was not installed with Yosemite. But I still can see the OS X Server icon in the dock, and Server.app is still in the Applications folder.

Another feature that is currently not working from FMS 13 is email. Emails can not go out of the FMS 13 admin console. This is also a Server machine problem, because emails are sent successfully from FMP 13.

I wonder if there might be some functionality for which FMS 13 is still looking for OS X Server or the machine is still redirecting these functionality through the OS X Server, which is still present, but not active in Yosemite.

Could this be an issue?

If not, any other troubleshooting suggestions?

Thanks

If you are not using Apple Server App, then trash it and reboot the machine.

FMS13 is only using Apache, which is also used by some services of Apple Server App. Therefore, it is important to not open the Apple Server App and start/stop any services, that also use Apache. Such action will tell the OS to use Apple's Apache configuration, instead of FMS13. And then CWP, WD and UAC will fail to work, along with e.g. upload of remote container and database uploads, which use Apache ports.

The email failure has to be due to a blocking of a kind between your server and the mail server. There could be several reasons for that....ports is blocked by a firewall, wrong ports are used, misconfiguration of the email settings etc.

The above mentioned problem with PSOS could be a very simple issue, but it can be difficult troubleshoot in a forum thread....

The above mentioned problem with PSOS could be a very simple issue, but it can be difficult troubleshoot in a forum thread....

Thanks for the response.

To troubleshoot this, I was thinking on doing a clean install of Yosemite on the Mac Mini, install FMS 13 and just run this file with the PSoS script.

It will take me a whole day or weekend to reconfigure everything, but I can not think of any other way to troubleshoot this.

Thanks again

Ok, just uploaded to one of our servers with FMS13 and 10.9.5

Everything works as expected.

Then I tried with another of our FMS13 servers, which is running on 10.10

Everything works as expected.

The only thing I could suggest is that you should check the permissions on the file itself on your server. If the user is not "fmserver" and the group "fmsadmin" with write/read permissions, this could lead to problems, including what you are experiencing.

The user/group names above is correct assuming you did not set custom user when you installed FMS13.

Hello Claus,

Thanks for taking the time.

I checked permissions in terminal and here is what I got:

-rw-rw-rw- 1 fmserver fmsdamin 172032 Feb 13 11:57 yut.fmp12

So everything looks good and the problem remains.

I will wipe out the mac mini and reinstall everything. See if that fix this.

Thanks

This topic is 3351 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.