Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Just one complaint

This topic is 3248 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I really only have one complaint when it comes to Filemaker, and seeing now that in version 14 it still has not been corrected is leading me to bring it up here. It's the coffee cup. The icon that appears when a database is under heavy load. The steam that is coming out of the cup is animated backwards. Rather than waves of steam starting at the cup and propagating upwards, the tips of the steam columns snake back and forth seeming to pull the lower part of the column along. This is not how steam works and appears unnatural. Go look for yourself. Perform a find on an unindexed calculation field or whatever you need to do to get the coffee cup. Once you notice it you wont be able to ignore it.

The steam that is coming out of the cup is animated backwards.  Once you notice it you wont be able to ignore it.

Oh that is so very funny!!  Sometimes it's the little things for sure and if this is the worst you can say about 14, your perspective is same as mine ... it is faster, leaner and nicely tweaked, even if it STILL lacks many things it should have.  :-)

added ... I am not discounting those that may have ran into problems with it.  Usually issues are not bugs but some are still being evaluated.  It is a new version; it will need one Updater to settle a bit.

Edited by LaRetta

This "complaint" is of course all in good fun. I'm having a ball with 14. That being said, I wonder if we could actually get them to change it. I'm considering launching the "Fix The Cup" campaign :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 3248 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.