FM 14 with Windows 64 Bit & 32 Bit Bit Hangs on Start

This topic is 2988 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello

I created the Plugins through Script Master Advanced 4.42 (Mac). 

For testing of a solution i installed on Windows 7 Filemaker 14 Advanced both 64 Bit and later also 32 Bit.

The custom PlugIn was placed into the Extensions Folder of Filemaker.

On Start of Filemaker the program hangs with the Error.

Problemsignatur:

Problemereignisname:    APPCRASH

Anwendungsname:    FileMaker Pro Advanced.exe

Anwendungsversion:    14.0.4.406

Anwendungszeitstempel:    562fa3f1

Fehlermodulname:    fmProve.fmx64

Fehlermodulversion:    0.0.0.0

Fehlermodulzeitstempel:    550aead4

Ausnahmecode:    c0000005

Ausnahmeoffset:    000000000000975a

Betriebsystemversion:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.49

Gebietsschema-ID:    1031

Zusatzinformation 1:    42ca

Zusatzinformation 2:    42cab2250de459a1dd6ff14e5fc26f10

Zusatzinformation 3:    b01e

Zusatzinformation 4:    b01e6bd7ee4903d0480bb13c6d1c0118

Lesen Sie unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0407

Wenn die Onlinedatenschutzbestimmungen nicht verfügbar sind, lesen Sie unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen offline:

C:\Windows\system32\de-DE\erofflps.txt

What can we do ?

Thank you for Feedback and kind regards
Philipp

Hi Philipp,

Typically when we see this crash it is due to a mismatch in architecture. Make sure that you are using the .fmx64 architecture for 64 bit FileMaker and .fmx for 32 bit Filemaker. Also, make sure that your Java architecture matches your FMP as well as the plugin architecture. If you have checked these things and are still getting the crash, I have seen this problem solved by uninstalling the plugin and starting FileMaker then closing FileMaker, installing the plugin and starting FileMaker again, reinstalling Java, or reinstalling FileMaker.

Hi there, dear Support Team

Thank you very much. The informations did help me.

I de-installed Filemaker 14 64 Bit and Filemaker 14 32 Bit and also Java.

After this i installed Java and then Filemaker 14 Advanced 32 Bit. Now this world very well with the PlugIn that i created through Script Master.

One Question. Is that correct that on a client Machine we can not use Filemaker 64 Bit together with Jave and the custom made PlugIn?

Thank you and kind regards

Philipp

Philipp,

Glad that worked for you!

You should not have issue using the 64 bit custom plugin with 64 bit Filemaker and Java. I suspect that if you installed the 64 bit architecture of everything instead of the 32-bit you would have had success as well as long as your machine is a 64 bit machine.

Hi

I am getting constant crashing too, however in the event logs it does not mention my scriptmaster custom plugin. I just get a .net (1026) and an application (1000) error.

Could it possibly be to do with the plugin or is it more likely Filemaker itself?

Thanks

• Newbies

Same thing for me, FMPA crashed with the new ScriptMaster plug-in. I have uninstalled everything, then installed a fresh copy of Java 32 bits, a fresh FMPA 14.0.4 32 bits and then put the 32 bits 360Works_ScriptMaster.fmx 4_42 in the extension folder. It still doesn't work. My last version 360Works_ScriptMaster.fmx 4_206 does work. 

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: FileMaker Pro Advanced.exe
Application Version: 14.0.4.406
Application Timestamp: 562f084c
Fault Module Name: 360Works_ScriptMaster.fmx
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 550aeae2
Exception Code: c0000005

• Newbies

You were right, there was some residual files in the AppData\Local and Roaming folders. Even an earlier version of the 360Works_ScriptMaster.fmx file!!! No wonder Filemaker is now mixed-up.

But... a new "really" clean install didn't solve the problem.

However, I now realise that on every new "as clean as possible" install, FileMaker still know my "Favorites" projects and all my Registration info. Which leads me to believe that something is still hiding somewhere. Using CCleaner on the Windows Regsitery Database didn't do the trick. Still a missfire.

I even uninstalled FMP13A with no positive result.

I'll look for residual files or registry entry again. But it's making me think that maybe there is a problem running the 32 bits version of Java, FileMaker and scriptMaster on a 64 bits Windows. Unfortunately, we need the 32 bits to interface with our 32 bits MS Outlook. Although, Filemaker and all our other plug-ins are running smoothly on this setup. Oh well...

I'll get back to the Forum if I find something. Thanks for your help.

Edited by symont.

Hi There

You will need 64 Bit of Windows + Filemaker 14 (64-Bit) + Java in 64-Bit + PlugIn in 64 Bit. If some of those are 32 Bit then you will need: Windows 64 Bit, Filemaker + Java + PlugIns in 32-Bit.

For me it was deinstalling Filemaker and Java and PlugIns. The installed Jave 32 Bit and Filemaker 32 Bit and PlugIns made in 32 Bit. That worked for me.

Hdh. Philipp

Caleb

Is there a chance you could post a definitive 'which Java version to install with which version of OS', at least on the 360 website.

it would help in being able to point client IT teams to the correct information to prepare systems for the introduction of ScriptMaster into their FileMaker

john r

• Newbies

Progress report:

For posterity, I am trying to make this work...
   Clean install of Java 1.8.0_66 (32 bit)
   Clean install of Filemaker Pro Advance 14.0.4_406 (32 bit)
   Clean download of 360Works_ScriptMaster.fmx 4_42 (32 bit)
   On a Windows 7 Pro (64 bit)

We know that uninstalling Filemaker leaves behind some files in the AppData folder and in the ProgramData folder. I have later found that Java also leaves behind some files in the AppData/LocalLow/Sun and Oracle folders. But it didn't help in the end.

Inspired By John suggestion, I tried with Java 1.7 (only this version on a clean new install), again without success.

I am now lacking time to experiment any further. So thanks for your offer Caleb, but for now, I have simply reverted back to 360Works_ScriptMaster.fmx 4_206. I'll pursue this issue in a future where I have free times.

Thank you all for your suggestion. This is very appreciated. 

...And Happy Holidays!

Edited by symont.

john renfrew, it's fairly simple - our plugins require Java 1.6 at minimum, so 1.7 and 1.8 will work (and have been tested to work). On an OSX system you need the Apple maintained Java distribution, and on Windows you need the architecture of your FileMaker install. If you have 64bit FileMaker Pro/Pro Advanced you need 64bit Java, if you have 32bit FileMaker Pro/Pro Advanced you need 32bit Java. If you're on a 64bit version of Windows with 32bit FileMaker Pro/Pro Advanced you still need 32bit Java. You can install 32bit & 64bit Java on a 64bit system though.

symont., sorry to hear this. It definitely sounds like there is a remnant of 4.206 somewhere on your system that we should be able to find. We've run into this with a couple other people.

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

New update...

We have upgraded our computers to Windows 10 and Office 365. This was a perfect time to ditch the broken 32 bits and clean install Java 64 bits, Filemaker 64bits and, hopefully, ScriptMaster 64 bits. Nope. It didn't work either. I found out this log in my  C:\Users\"username"\360Works folder

(C++ Wed Feb 17 14:37:52 2016) Unrecognized manifest key: Permissions
(C++ Wed Feb 17 14:37:52 2016) Unrecognized manifest key: Codebase
(C++ Wed Feb 17 14:37:52 2016) Finished reading metadata; (360Works ScriptMaster) (3BSH1YnYYnn) (Allows execution of interpreted java/groovy code.) (4.42)

I guess I will have to call 360Works if I ever find the time to troubleshoot this again.

This topic is 2988 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.