This topic is 2914 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• 7 months later...

I have a previous post here about this but i deleted it because of confusion. The calculation @comment provide me is working but i have a problem, I am not sure if its on relationship or calculation field of the date and time. I attach the example data. In task layout record 2 as you see the hours to complete is 24 so when i start at 6:AM of feb 16 it suppose to end at 6:AM feb 17. In View layout it should show but it is not appearing when i select the date of Feb 16. I also notice when i add record that exceeds at 12:AM it is not showing.

Task Scheduling.fmp12

Edited by chadski021
change table to layout

it's because your time end (even though on a different date) is not greater than 6am, so the relationship from the 7am and later timeslots is not valid.

You'd be better off using a timestamp field for the relationship instead of separate date and time fields.  The end-time field does not know it belongs to the next day...

you wouldn't need a relationship on the date or time fields, just one on a new timestamp field in the Time table (that is a combination of the global date and the time field)

and you'll need new timestamps field in Tasks, one for start and one for end and base the relationship on these.

Thank you it seems to be working fine. By the way how do i calculate the endtimestamp? Right now i am using 3 fields Hours to Complete, Start Timestamp and End Timestamp. I know @comment provided me a calculation for this but i deleted the thread.

Edited by chadski021

Don't delete threads, even if they are confusing.  There's always something to be learned from it.

You calculate the ending timestamp just like you do for the starting timestamp:

Timestamp ( taskDateEnd ; taskTimeEnd )

Why not do a search for Weekend Calculations. Here, I’ll give some hints.

Brian Dunning's Custom Functions site Here  I already use a search word of Weekend for you. Do a Google search using these words site:fmforums.com Weekend Calculations

Let me know if you don’t find what you want. :)

• 1 month later...

This topic is 2914 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.