Autocomplete in search string not working after conversion from FMP 11 to FMP 14

This topic is 2932 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

After converting my database file from its FMP 11 version to the version compatible with FMP 14, a normal behavior no longer functions as it did. In Find mode, a certain field is supposed to autocomplete the search string based on a specified value list. This no longer happens. Instead it functions like the default, which is that typing a letter scrolls down to the first entry in the value list that begins with that letter but does not use autocomplete. I attach a short video to illustrate. Does anyone have any thoughts on why this might have changed in the upgrade/conversion? Thank you!

FMP_14_autocomplete_problem.mov

• 4 weeks later...
  • Newbies
On 3/18/2016 at 3:27 PM, morosentity said:

Macbook Pro.  OS 10.10.5.   FMP 14.0.4

After converting my database file from its FMP 11 version to the version compatible with FMP 14, a normal behavior no longer functions as it did. In Find mode, a certain field is supposed to autocomplete the search string based on a specified value list. This no longer happens. Instead it functions like the default, which is that typing a letter scrolls down to the first entry in the value list that begins with that letter but does not use autocomplete. I attach a short video to illustrate. Does anyone have any thoughts on why this might have changed in the upgrade/conversion? Thank you!

FMP_14_autocomplete_problem.mov

Update: I've corresponded with FM Support, who directed me to some documentation on auto-complete (http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5437/~/filemakers-auto-complete-feature/track/AvPJxwpRDv8S~depGmIc~yJf1ssqMi75Mv86~zj~PP~z). Most of it I already knew and does not appear relevant. However, I saw one note regarding indexing, and I wonder if that's the problem?

As you can see in the attached screenshots, the field in question is not and cannot be indexed. In FMP 11 the field is set up the same way--no global storage, no indexing--and it works fine. Perhaps this is a new constraint found in FMP14? Any thoughts?

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 1.28.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 1.24.39 PM.png

Edited by morosentity

This topic is 2932 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.