Can you help? Small Elementary School

This topic is 2902 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi everyone. 

I am hoping there is someone out there who can help our school. We are a small Catholic elementary school in Berkeley. We contracted with a FMP developer to build our Alumni database. It is fairly sophisticated and when working it is pretty good. There is functionality like generating letters and sending them out via e-mail and for some reason the functionality is not working. We have tried to reach out to developer, but not very successful. Is there someone out there at the 'Water Cooler' who might be willing to "look under the hood" for us and help. 

I am familiar with FMP, but the problem does not seem to want to go away. Any support would be much appreciated.

Ken Willers

School of the Madeleine www.themadeleine.com

Thanks!

Hi Ken and welcome to the FM Forums,

9 minutes ago, Ken Willers said:

We contracted with a FMP developer to build our Alumni database

Here are a few questions I have.

Do you have full access to the Files (i.e. Admin)?

Is there a contract involved with the original developer, that may be still in existence?

Who owns the files?

Are you wanting to replace the current developer, and inter into a contract with a new developer?

Lee

• Newbies

Hi Lee. 

Do you have full access to the Files (i.e. Admin)? Yes--I have full access to the files. 

Is there a contract involved with the original developer, that may be still in existence? The contract is over. We no longer are under contract, but if we reach out to him it is a case-by-case charge.

Who owns the files? The School of the Madeleine owns the file and is living on our own on-site server

Are you wanting to replace the current developer, and inter into a contract with a new developer? Yes we want to find a new developer who might first look at the file and offer some insight into what we might be doing wrong. Secondly, would be great to find a developer who might want to offer some 'free' expertise. Finally, we would enter into a new agreement with a developer who can help us. 

Thanks.

Be sure to update your FileMaker client to the latest patch, currently 14.0.5. Some issues with email were fixed since 14.0.

Welcome to the forums. You might want to post your request in the Services Wanted section.

Or, if you're interested in some free help via the forums, you could post in, I don't know, FileMaker 14 Discussions, I suppose, or possibly Managing Scripts. We don't have a dedicated forum for Send Mail issues, but it may be a scripting issue. Do try to be more specific than "the functionality is not working," as that doesn't give us much to go on.

Hi Tom,

It sounds like he wants a reasonably priced developer rather than to tackle the maintenance himself.

I was going to move the thread earlier to the Services Wanted topic (no need to make a duplicate post), but I was trying to get the status of the current contract with the old developer. 

Lee

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.