Server Maintenance This Week. ×

EasyDeploy recommended Filezise

This topic is 3109 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

I am a new FileMaker user/developer although I am not new to database and client development in general. I have FM Pro Adv 14 and Server 14 along with FM Go 14. My intention is to develop some databases to manage our work here in Papua New Guinea and offline app use and sync'ing is a must. I have wired up EasySync/EasyDeploy with the Contacts starter solution to give it a try.

When deploying a 7.7MB database with EasyDeploy it is at 75K segments and counting. It is also taking a long time to transfer. Is there a way to increase the segment size and speed up the transfer. If not, is there a recommended file size to stay under to keep the deployment transfers quick?

Thanks,

Jeremy

• Newbies

Never mind, I had an error on the hosted database and it wasn't returning any data. So the client just kept asking for more. I also found where to increase the payload size if I ever want to. 

Thanks for the work on EasySync. Looks like it will work great for me.

• 4 months later...

As you'll see in the script, "Push Payload," in the mobile file, Tim comments that PSoS has a 1M character limit. This is why he splits payloads into segments. Segment size is set in the "EasySync Settings" script and he has recommend 500,000 character segments.

• Like 1

This topic is 3109 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.