Calculation to find specific field

EDP

This topic is 3677 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

I manage a warehouse and created a database that maps all the pallet locations in the storage racks (about 400 uniquely named locations). I created a field for each location and each field has the same name as the location (ie: PR.001.A.01). The 400 unique fields are in 1 table named(Specific_Rack_Locations) and reside in 50 different layouts. There is only 1 record for this table.

When something is received into the warehouse I create a record in a different table named (Receiving Data). It has many fields, 2 fields named (Control_Number) and (Location_Assignment) are the focus of my question.

(Control_Number) is a serialized auto enter number field.

(Location_Assignment) has a value entered into it that exactly matches one of the field names in

the table (Specific_Rack_Locations).

I am trying to automatically paste the Control Number into the (Specific_Rack_Locations) field

that matches the data in (Location_Assignment).

Essentially I want the data pasted into the field with the matching name.

Go to specific Field script doesn't work .

Thanks in advance for any help,

Ed

Warehouse Map.pdf

A location should not be a field but a record.

So you would have a Location table with 400 records

In the Receiving table you basically have your Location_Assignment field that gets set with the chosen value from the Location table.  So only one location field in the Receiving table, not 400

Well, you could use Set Field by Name, which lets you calculate the name of the target field; but actually, instead of using 400 fields, you should have a RackLocations table where each location is a record with a unique location code, and a join table to hold a combination of received entity and location_assignment (which then would be just one field, instead of 400).

Then you can display your graphical rack representation as a number of portals, each using a filtered relationship into the RackLocations table, to display the current overall status, where each rack location “knows” its status by “looking into” the join table.

This topic is 3677 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.