Joel Shapiro

[ANN] CWP User Group - Monday at DevCon 2016

6 posts in this topic

Hi all

We're going to be having our 10th annual(!) CWP User Group on Monday, July 18, from 3:30 to 5:30pm (just before the 6pm opening keynote).

Got something you'd like to share?  Please let me know.

Everyone's welcome.  Come join us!

-Joel

http://jsfmp.com/cwp-user-group
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joel Shapiro
FileMaker Pro
: database design
: web development
http://jsfmp.com
415-269-5055
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, I really, really wish ;-) 

D'oh! Just seeing this now. (& then discovered the "Notify me of replies" button :-P )

That would be great if you could come, Webko! 

If we knew we'd have a good internet connection I'd suggest a skype call-in.  In 2013 we had a video presentation sent in from Martin Brändle in Switzerland.  Perhaps an option for you too??

-Joel

Edited by Joel Shapiro

There is the likelihood that I will manage to make an appearance next year... Which would be be awesome, after 10+ years of virtually knowing people ;-)

Wow, that'd be great! (And more "+" than "10" for me -- you were a huge help in my early CDML days too :-) 

(does that mean no video for this year? ;-)

-Joel

Probably no video... and yes, CDML was a loooong time ago ;-)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Joel Shapiro
      Hi all

Come join us at the 11th annual CWP User Group at DevCon: Monday, July 24, 3:30–5:30pm  (before the 6pm opening keynote).

Do you have something you might like to share with the group?  Please let me know.  We're always looking for new people! 

Everyone's welcome.  Hope to see you there!

-Joel

http://jsfmp.com/cwp-user-group
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Joel Shapiro
      FileMaker Pro
      : database design
      : web development
      http://jsfmp.com
      415-269-5055
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• By Jason Mundok
      I have a website that is displaying FileMaker data using the PHP API. Is there a way for the web site to display the basic text formatting from a FileMaker field? For example, a few words in the comments field are bold in FileMaker and I would like them to also be bold on the website. Thanks for any ideas.
    • By Dean Suhr
      Greetings - I got my start with CWP using FMwebstudio as the front end library to the FileMaker API (Dreamweaver).  That library is no longer maintained.  
      One of  very cool things about that library was a dynamic field capability, fmsLiveInputField, where the changes you made in a web page were updated into the database in real time.  I used it for event registration where the total attending and fees due automatically updated.  
      I'd like to replicate this functionality ... display the total due, a show a few other live calculations.  I prefer a PHP solution but realize javascript might be a better approach these days.  I'm not a javascript guru so your help pointing me in the right direction would be helpful. And I do not want to use WebDirect due to the public pacing nature of this site and unpredictability in users active. 
      Thanks!
    • By Jack Wright
      Hello!

Another post...

Please help me out.

I am trying to create an array from a value list within Filemaker Pro (Using PHP API)

The idea is to create an array of names from a value list I have set up... Then put them into an option tag.

e.g.

$staff = array(FileMaker Value List)
      ^^ I know that's incorrect, but it shows what I want to do

Then with that array I want to be able to Create a HTML option list (I know how I would do that)  ---  I am just really struggling with creating the array...

Here is what I have

$database = "comms__web"; $hostname = "###.###.#.#"; $username = "web"; $password = "################"; $layoutname = "Web"; $valueListName = "MIS"; //CREATE FILEMAKER OBJECT $fm = new FileMaker($database, $hostname, $username, $password); //GET THE LAYOUT AS AN OBJECT. $layoutObject = $fm->getLayout($layoutName); //GET THE VALUE LIST $valueList = $layoutObject->getValueList($valueListName);  
      However it doesn't actually appear to pick up the list...

Please help me out  

Thanks,