Joost Miltenburg

Moving pictures folder for use with CWP

LS,

We are running FMserver with custom webpublishing. People can connect to the website and see pictures that are attached to propositions.

The pictures folder is located on the FMServer as well and getting pretty big now. So we are complating moving the folder ( it is currently located in htdocs ( running on a Mac )).

How do we reconfigure FMServer/apache to do this?

Kind regards....

Joost,

I don't believe that there is anything to do on FMS or Apache itself.  But in php, provide the full LOCAL path to the new pictures folder location.  In this example, I'm setting up a DEFINE in the config file to the pictures folder relocated to an external hard drive:

define('PICTURES', '/Volumes/Your_External_Hard_Drive_Name/pictures/');

You might need to experiment with the permissions on the pictures folder and/or the hard drive so that fmserver/apache/php can access. 

BTW...This answer is assuming that you are storing the images directly in a folder and using html/php to retrieve them, versus storing and retrieving them from a FileMaker container.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Terry Bohach
      Moving from FMP 14 to FMP 17.  
      PHP getValueListTwoFields works on FMP 14. —> 500 error on FMP 17.
      if I comment out the command the page displays just fine.
      I have tried many things nothing works.
      ——- example ——
      $layout =& $fm->getLayout('phpPTRequest');
      $values = $layout->getValueListTwoFields("VLReason");
      foreach($values as $value)
      {
      $VLReason .= '<input name="Reason" type="radio" value="' . $value . '">'. $value .'&nbsp;&nbsp;';           
      }

• By Tony Morosco
      Hello,
      I am trying to convert a custom web publishing site in php, from FM Server 12 to FM Server 15.    We've updated the Windows machine that hosts it (to a shared server on the recommendation of IT) and installed FM Server 15.  
      Direct opening of the existing scripts always yields 0 results, though the database hasn't changed.  
      Is there some setting, somewhere, that I am oblivious to?   I've consulted user's manuals, IIS settings, web postings, ...
      Attached is a copy of the website I am running.
      I can point you to the existing website, though I doubt it would be useful.  The beginning part of this website are script tracking errors.  I've been inserting them, trying to track down where this error is creeping up.  So please ignore.
      Please ask any additional questions, I am sure there are many.
      Cheers,
      Tony

PublicPortal.zip
    • By Anthony Girdler
      Hi,
      My programmer and I are trying to set up communication between FileMaker 16 and a WordPress website(www.heightspethospital.com.au ) so our veterinary clients can do online booking and look up when their pets are due for vaccination and other treatments.
      My programmer has hit a problem.
      The code does not work on the WordPress Server (www.heightspethospital.com.au), though it works on his local machine.
      He gets the following error:
      “Communication Error: (7) Failed to connect to 203.206.217.177 port 8080: Connection timed out”

Filemaker error codes suggest this is a memory issue, but my programmer is sure it's not related to memory.
      He has tried re-installing filemaker server multiple times with no effect. I think he said the default port is 80, but that cannot be used for an unknown reason and he has chosen to use port 8080.

The filemaker database is stored on:
      PC Windows 10 home 64-bit
      Filemaker server 16
      Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
      Memory: 16384MB RAM

Wordpress 4.8.1 hosted by SiteGround.

Any answers or leads greatly appreciated.
      Anthony.
      PS. I don't know anything about programming and computer jargon, so I apologise if I have some of these terms wrong.
    • By Joel Shapiro
      Don't forget!
      Monday July 24, 3:30–5:30 (before the 6pm opening keynote).
      Come see:
      Steve Winter @steveWinterNZ
      Mark DeNyse @mdenyse
      Ken d’Oronzio @kdoronzio
      Gjermund Thorsen ggt667
      Joel Shapiro @jsfmp
      Hope to see you there!
      -Joel
      http://jsfmp.com/cwp-user-group

• By Joel Shapiro
      Hi all

Come join us at the 11th annual CWP User Group at DevCon: Monday, July 24, 3:30–5:30pm  (before the 6pm opening keynote).

Do you have something you might like to share with the group?  Please let me know.  We're always looking for new people! 

Everyone's welcome.  Hope to see you there!

-Joel

http://jsfmp.com/cwp-user-group
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Joel Shapiro
      FileMaker Pro
      : database design
      : web development
      http://jsfmp.com
      415-269-5055
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Who Viewed the Topic

9 members have viewed this topic:
    NLR  Lee Smith  soundsessential  dtrots  Siva D  Ville Glad  doughemi  flook  Tom Assia 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.