"Communication Error 7" Filemaker/Wordpress Custom Web Publishing using filemaker php api

This topic is 2450 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

My programmer and I are trying to set up communication between FileMaker 16 and a WordPress website(www.heightspethospital.com.au ) so our veterinary clients can do online booking and look up when their pets are due for vaccination and other treatments.

My programmer has hit a problem.

The code does not work on the WordPress Server (www.heightspethospital.com.au), though it works on his local machine.

He gets the following error:

“Communication Error: (7) Failed to connect to 203.206.217.177 port 8080: Connection timed out”

Filemaker error codes suggest this is a memory issue, but my programmer is sure it's not related to memory.

He has tried re-installing filemaker server multiple times with no effect. I think he said the default port is 80, but that cannot be used for an unknown reason and he has chosen to use port 8080.

The filemaker database is stored on:

PC Windows 10 home 64-bit

Filemaker server 16

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.3GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Wordpress 4.8.1 hosted by SiteGround.

Any answers or leads greatly appreciated.

Anthony.

PS. I don't know anything about programming and computer jargon, so I apologise if I have some of these terms wrong.

Edited by Anthony Girdler

Can you expand a bit on what the code is doing?  Is this PHP code on the Wordpress side trying to talk to FMS on the PHP API there?  Or the XML API?  Or the new REST API?

Also note that Windows 10 (Home or otherwise) is NOT a supported platform for FMS and you can expect issues.  People that have tried seem to struggle particularly in the web publishing areas.

In my experience the memory issue is usually in the php interpreter's config or the php script not in FileMaker, but who gives you error 7? At what level?

Edited by ggt667

• Newbies

That's filemaker side issue.

The important thing is that code works on my local.

I am using filemaker php api.

Port 80 is diabled.

so I used 8080.

On a mac or linux( or the windows bash shell ) I would run curl from both the locations and see if you receive the desired response, are you sure this is not a firewall / port forwarding issue?

curl http://username:[email protected]:8080/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-dbnames

For somewhat legible XML pipe through tidy

curl http://username:[email protected]:8080/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-dbnames | tidy -xml -i -wrap 0

Or for SSL

curl -k https://username:[email protected]:8080/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-dbnames

Edited by ggt667

This topic is 2450 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.