Syncing into the wrong field

This topic is 2610 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi guys,

Not sure if any of you has had this issue before. I set up FM Easy Sync following the documentation and for the most part things work. Nonetheless, I'm getting a strange error when pulling the data set from the server (roughly 2600 records). Somehow data from "field 1" is getting imported into "field 2" (my table has 95 fields but a good portion are unstored fields I'm not trying to sync). I checked the relationships on both my host and mobile files and my server data and everything checks out. Any thoughts on what could be the cause for this? Thanks.

I've been working with EasySync for quite some time and have not encountered any issues with the scripts. So, I'm suspecting that it's something with your field names. What are they? Certainly not "field 1"?

• Newbies

Thank you for the hint. I'll try to map what fields have been wrongfully filled on my mobile file. In reality, a good number of them contain data that does not belong to that field (for instance: id > creationAccountName, ES_Account > memberNumberIsProvisional, codeIE > isSchool...). It looks as if the script skipped a number of fields. I'll dig into it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Newbies

I had a similar issue. In my case the skipped fields were caused by some weird return characters inside of text fields. My solution was to edit the scripts that collect the record data for the payload to replace not only standard return characters, but also 'the weird ones'.

// Encode any remaining newline characters.

record = Substitute ( record ; ¶ ; "[[BR]]" );

record = Substitute ( record ; "¶" ; "[[BR]]" ); // <- add this line

This topic is 2610 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.