‘Item Movement’ (e.g. Best-seller, Fast, slow)

This topic is 2719 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

In an existing solution one of my client my client has requested to add a field name ‘Item Movement (e.g. Best-seller, Fast, slow) and this should be based on a formula per product item and linked to 'Stock re-order level’ field.

For example, if product A reaches ‘Stock re-order level’ in less than one month, it is categorized as ‘Best Seller'’. If Product A reaches ‘Stock re-order level’ in 2 months, it is categorized as ‘Fast’. If Product A reaches ‘Stock re-order level’ after more than 2 months, it is deemed ‘slow

Since it’s depend on a date, I found it a bit complicated. Any help will be most welcome.

I have attached my solution and i have the following problem.

When i create a new product the Item Movement set to Best Seller and it should be a New Product instead.

Secondly, the Item Movement status doesn't change when the date is being changed within the set value.

If a product was in best seller and the is no more available will the status remain the same?

Thanks for your help.

Flexi V3.0.fmp12

I don't see where 'item movement' gets set, when I create a new product it remains blank.

A couple of general notes:

- you use copy/paste in your scripts: don't do that.  There are much better ways to 'carry' data and set it where you need it.  Variables for instance.  It is considered very bad form to destroy what the user might have on their clipboard just so that you can keep track of a piece of data

- as you will get more transactions in your system it will start to slow down to the point of becoming unusable.  Don't use unstored calculations to keep track of how many were sold and what quantities you still have

This topic is 2719 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.