Hi, I have fm 14 server running on a mac mini. I have recently upgraded to FM16 running Mojave on 2 x local macs. We started with one license, where only one of us could use FM at a time (as we knew), I have since bought another copy and and reinstalled FM16 on the local mac with the new serial number but the server still seems to think we are using the same copy?? and we are getting the attached error. I have completely uninstalled FM locally but still does not work. I have asked my FM guy, as well as 2 or 3 other people but everyone seems to be stumped?? Is there any way of clearer the cache which may be holding this old information? Any help would be much appreciated.
We have a couple of servers running on AWS. As of the middle of last week we suddenly are having connection problems. The server logs mostly lists error 10, sometimes error 51. These customers have poor internet connection, so we have set up a server and a client in the cloud. The users connects to the client through an RDP session. It is a Windows enviroment with one customer using Windows server 12 and FMS 14, the other Windows server 16 and FMS15. We use a seperate AD server to control the RDP access and accounts to the FMP server, clients have no acces to the FMS server.
I have read previous posts on this issue. I do not think there can be any hardware issue, since the server is hosted with Amazon and both server and client are on an internal network. To be sure I have filed a support request with Amazon as well.
The strange thing is that the error message sometimes occurs within a minute and then FMP freezes on the user while they are still working in the FM app. It is my understanding that error 10 occurs if the client does not respond to the server ping for 2 pings, so time out for this error should be 125 seconds.
These servers have been running without this issue for a long time now. Any idea why this has suddenly changed and why the error message errors while tghe users is using the FM app?
By Richard Fincher
My production Filemaker Server 14 running on Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan (Not Mac OS X Server) has been running fine for a year since I last installed the Thawte SSL Certificate. After renewing the certifate this year, I've tried various different methods of importing the new certificate, which came with an intermediate certificate, but I can't seem to get the intermediate certificate installed. I've been mostly using something like:
sudo fmsadmin certificate import --keyfile /Users/richardfincher/Desktop/GBROOMX36-4X/private.key /Users/richardfincher//Desktop/GBROOMX36-4X/ssl_certificate.crt
I've also tried importing it through the web control panel. It was necessary to remove the old private key thus.:
sudo rm /Library/FileMaker\ Server/CStore/serverKey.pem
After it is (apparently) installed, I usually restart with :
sudo fmsadmin restart adminserver
although a few times I have rebooted the server (not a VM)
Any thoughts welcome....
Oh, one thing is, a year ago it might have been still on Mac OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion, which was the previous OS before I upgraded it.
hello. I am extremely new to FMS. Is there a document anywhere that has best practices on server setup and Backup strategy in particular? Weekly full? daily? hourly; incremental backups? are there transactional backups? What are the issues, corruption issues? mistakes to avoid?
We need this urgently. Believe that the server was not initially set up properly and now, of course, I have inherited the issue We are running FMS 14
any help would be appreciated,
First off, hoping that I posted this in the right section.
I have a script that is scheduled to hourly pull the URL source from a currency conversion site and store it locally for use. If I run the script from my computer on the database it will work fine, however if I run the script from the server it will give me a "scripting error 1631". I found that if you're inserting a "url" from a file then you must use file:/// before it or something like that to fix the issue, however I am inserting from an actual URL and am not sure if I've done something wrong.
Script image is attached. If there is a better way to share my script then please let me know!
Insert from URL is at line 5 & line 14. If the page source is already in the "source" field and I only run the part that finds the conversion rate in it, it works fine.
Who Viewed the Topic