Goons

Files on iPad (Device)

Really new to using FileMaker Go 15 and can't seem to find the way to copy files to the device so I can input data while offline.

Thanks.  I used iCloud drive to get the documents on my iPad and iPod.

I knew that there was an easy way to do this.  Now I can input the data once, not multiple times.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By cat traveller
      Hi everyone,
      on a file accessed via filemaker Go 17, I am using a scripted navigation to move records up and down in a portal that is inside a popover.
      This has worked in filemaker 12 like a charm and also works on a filemaker client. The records smoothly move up and down the list. 
      However in Filemaker Go, the portal follows every move of the script as if it is not aware of the freeze portal.
      EG the down button is to move the record one record further down inside the filtered and sorted portal (like so)
      This is the script.

- freeze window and go to portal
      - go to first line of portal and loop through the portal until I hit the record to move
      - go to next line and give the position field the value of my record to be moved
      - go to line above and give the position field the value of my record +1
      - commit record and refresh portal via an x join 
      - go to last line of the portal 
      - go to the line of position of my record to be moved. 

Would anyone be aware of this issue or know a workaround to stop the portal from flickering?

Thanks so much

• By Greg Hains
      Good afternoon,
      I am trying to understand a problem I am experiencing with an FmGo solution.  The solution is hosted on FM Cloud (AWS) and runs well on my Mac workstation, but experiences a few issues when running on the iPad.
      I'm also experiencing the same problem when I host it from a local Windows Server 2012 box.
      Using RESTful APIs (with BaseElements plugin) on my Mac workstation and I am downloading product data from a host, manipulating the data, then uploading it back to the host.
      I am assuming that I need to have the BE plugin running on the AWS host before FmGo can use the functions within. As no FM solution runs on the host itself (to Install Plugin), how do I install this plugin to the FMS there? (Assuming that this problem is related to plugins on FmGo). 
      Also, without ScriptDebugging on the iPad, I have a ton of Show Custom Dialogs all over the shop trying to see where it goes wrong on the iPad. Some of the REST calls fail with authentication errors on the iPad but work fine on the desktop. Same script. Got me beat!  I'm thinking it may be one and the same problem.
      Any help is appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Greg

• By adyf
      I've just upgraded to Filemaker Pro 17 and Filemaker Go 17. Unfortunately I now get 'The Host's Capacity Was Exceeded' error message (attached) when trying to open a file on my iPad that is hosted on my MacBook. I'm the only user of this file, so it seems strange and I've never had the error with previous Filemaker versions. Has anyone any ideas please?
      Edited to add that the file opens with Filemaker Go 17 when it is open on the MacBook with Filemaker Pro 16, therefore could this be a bug in Filemaker Pro 17?

• By Arnold Hooton
      I’m trying to retrieve a street address after I’ve used the ‘location’ function to access the gps coordinates. This may be simple but all I’m stumped. Maybe there’s a beginners tutorial on how to use url’s To get what I need. 
    • By VirtualBob
      I'm using FileMaker 12 but want to get a version that syncs via free iCloud or Dropbox type service (you can only do it manually in FM12). What is the earliest version that does this? Its for personal use and I don't have much money so I just want to get a cheap older version of FM but want it to sync across all my devices.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.