Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Exporting Report Issue

hutchlad

This topic is 2458 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hey Guys,

Just a quick one, I have a large report that groups products together via Style, and has totals at the bottom in the green section (I realise they arent totalling but thats not my issue)

My issue is, that when I export as a spreadsheet, my products stay grouped by Style, but I cannot for the life of me get the totals to stay underneath the columns of each group! Any help or advice would be appreciated, I just want it so that its in the format below with the group of products, then the totals beneath.

image.png.ed17a0c38774f600378214e893367fce.png

I don't understand what your picture is supposed to show, esp. the role of the multiple columns.  In any case, records are exported directly from the data level and not from your layout. If your export is grouped, you will have exactly one row for each group, and one column for each field included in the export field order. There will be no extra row for totals. If you really need that, consider other methods.

1 hour ago, comment said:

I don't understand what your picture is supposed to show, esp. the role of the multiple columns.  In any case, records are exported directly from the data level and not from your layout. If your export is grouped, you will have exactly one row for each group, and one column for each field included in the export field order. There will be no extra row for totals. If you really need that, consider other methods.

On my layout, I have my products grouped by STYLE. Which will have say 5 or 6 related products as shown in the above image as 'grey fields'

Where the GREEN field is, that is where I wanted a sub summary of the fields above. I didn't think you would need more information than that?

I am afraid I still don't understand what you're talking about - esp. the part about "say 5 or 6 related products". I would expect a report of products grouped by style to look something like this:

Style 1
• Product A: $10
• Product B: $15
Subtotal: $25 

Style 2
• Product C: $100
• Product D: $150
• Product E: $200
Subtotal: $450  

Grand Total: $475

And, as I already said, this has no bearing on how your export will look like. If it's grouped by style, then at most it will look like this:

ttt.png.76c3ba37e14bb1c1d47f9d7190eb11f3.png

though more typically like this:

tttt.png.5a2f46012711deff7157f9bc7a546796.png

Edited by comment

This topic is 2458 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.