Selecting unique records

This topic is 2210 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

Im trying to write a script to select unique records from a table (see below). WIth no result :( . On this particular example script should select only records 1,2,3,6. 

image.png.609b8a237a799c8bb6949ba4feef290a.png

Hello spand, 

Please use real names for things like fields, scripts, relationships etc., when posting a question. Please review the Anatomy of a Good Topic, and pay close attention to Steps 5, 6, 7, and 8.

2 hours ago, spand said:

On this particular example script should

What script? What steps are in your script? 

Did you know that, if you perform a find manually, it can be used in your script?

Why not post a copy of your file, or a mockup of it showing everything involved ?

Lee

Here is one example.

Concatenate the fields that you determine need to be unique. A&B&C  then a self join relationship that test for the Num = Min ( showUnique::num)  will always show 1 if it is the first one of any duplicate records.

Find 1 in the isUnique field.

this method does require schema change (fields & table occurrence) a complete scripted method is possible too. 

unique.fmp12.zip

Thanks Ocean West,

I read about self join relationship method. However, I'd like to learn to script this.

I added calculated filed with A&B&C. I watned to check record against a previous one and flag it in "duplicate" filed.  But it wont work if the same fileds are not one after another. 

example1.fmp12

This topic is 2210 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.