Changing Hosted Database Name

This topic is 547 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

We recently upgraded from FMS 14 to FMS16 and one of our databases won't open via WebDirect due to the way it's named:  the database title has an ampersand ("&") in it.  This worked just fine for FMS14, but not for FMS16.  The easiest solution seems to be to change the database title.  I'm a little hesitant to jump into this because of a large number of externally held containers.  How would one safely go about changing the database name (I'd like to change the "&" to "and") without losing the linked containers? 

In case anyone's wondering, I didn't name the database; I inherited it.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

This topic is 547 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Philip Sommers
      I currently administer a Filemaker 16 Server and only use Oracle Java for the admin console (web publishing is turned off). We want to get rid of Java rather than start paying for it. Rather than upgrade to FMS18, is it possible to use OpenJDK instead of Java for the FMS16 admin console? If so, is there anyone that can provide some guidance on how to do that?
    • By daveinc
      Hi,
      I have a performance conundrum that I have not been able to figure out for the past month and a half or so and am looking here for some guidance. 
      We have a 9-year old FM system that we run our entire Production operation on. We have approximately 150 users in 9 locations across the US and Canada for this solution.
      We have a Windows Server 2012 VM with 14 CPU Cores, 60GB RAM, and an SSD Array SAN that we run our Production Server on. We have separate Drives configured for the Operating System and Data. All users not in the facility housing the server use Remote Desktop to access the system.
      The design of this system is not optimal for performance, but it has been running very well for the last 2 years (until early February 2020).
      In early February, it began to stall no matter what we did when we had more than 120 users or so connected and working normally.
      We identified several severely taxing actions, mainly Finds on related tables with millions of records, and eliminated those. No luck.
      We added unnecessary extra CPUs, RAM, and Disk space to no avail.
      We created a completely new VM with a fresh install of FM Server 16. No love.
      Finally in desperation, we moved the server to older, slower hardware with non-SSD hard drive array and voila! the system works fine again.
      This older VM is similar in every other way: Windows Server 2012, 14(slower) CPU Cores, 60GB(slower)RAM, FastSCSI Disk Array.
      As an anti-bonus, in thinking this would be temporary, we have both the OS and the Data on a single C drive on this older hardware.
      It works splendidly on this lesser setup.
      We had all variety of hardware experts in to make sure the newer/faster setup was performing correctly. We updated all firmware and restarted the whole setup. 
      All benchmark tests show the newer system to be considerably faster in all phases, especially Disk.
      We have no problems with any other VMs on this newer/faster setup(including some less intensive Filemaker Servers).
      The one thing that occurs on the newer/faster machine that DOES NOT happen on the older/slower one, is that it stalls and the Disk is consumed by writing tons of data to FMTEMPFM* files for an extended period of time while there is no increase in data being written to the .fmp12 files.
      This particular FM Server and dataset is the only one that this happens to. We have two other FM Servers on there that have 200 plus users 24 hours a day and nary an issue.
      Does anyone know what is happening when the Disk Monitor shows the System Process is writing tons of data to FMTEMPFM files and not writing any more data than normal to the .fmp12 files?
      Thanks in advance for any guidance.
      Dave

• By DPaquin
      When opining the FMS localhost I try to enable the ScriptMaster Plugin. 
      For some reason I click to enable the plugin, I sometime been able to click on save sometime..
      However, each time I close the host reopen the FMS localhost, the plugin is ALWAYS disabled.
      Would someone have an idea?
      With regards!
      Daniel

• By DPaquin
      When opining the FMS localhost I try to enable the ScriptMaster Plugin. 
      For some reason I click to enable the plugin, I sometime able to click on save sometime not able.
      However, each time I go back to the FMS localhost the plugin is ALWAYS disabled.
      Would someone have an idea?
      With regards!
      Daniel

• By jjjjp
      After upgrading to FM Server 16, I am seeing that the automatic daily script executed from the server side is no longer doing so without error. The script sends email reminders to workshop presenters scheduled within 4 days. The error code, which I record in a log, is 119. However, that code isn't listed among the error codes listed in the online help:
      https://fmhelp.filemaker.com/help/16/fmp/en/#page/FMP_Help%2Ferror-codes.html%23
      Knowing the meaning of the error may provide useful information that will help me reconfigure the email account settings for the command Send Via SMTP Server.
      Thanks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.