Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Filemaker Script Workspace Functions Crippled by Plug-ins

This topic is 1856 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi. I had a really weird problem last night that was pervasive through all files I was working on, served, local, and even a new file I created to try to test the issue. It was totally crippling and driving me crazy. I had gone into a script and selected the Go to Layout command, but when I tried to select a layout, none appeared, even though there were plenty of layouts in the table. I dismissed it as a temporary glitch and tried a Set Field command, needing to set a field to a calculation, and again, found the system locked up in such a way as I had never seen before. It would not let me enter a calculation! I closed and re-opened the file. No dice. I restarted Filemaker. Nope. I rebooted my entire computer. Nope. I tried working on a local file. Still - no layouts could be chosen in ANY file! I tried making a *new* file. Nope! I was desperate, and just about posted asking for help when I thought to disable all plug-ins, just to make sure, and voila - that did it. As soon as I disabled the 360Works FTPeek and 360Works WebAssistant plugins, full functionality in the script workspace was restored! I thought maybe it was just a coincidence. I re-enabled the plug-ins and checked again. It still worked, with the plug-ins re-enabled, so - maybe I was just having a bad day, but then when I went back in this morning, again - with the plug-ins re-enabled, again - I couldn't select any layouts or make any calculations in Script Workspace, so right away I disabled the plug-ins, again, and again, that fixed it, so I'm pretty sure there's something going on with the plug-ins. I also had 360Works Email installed, but had disabled it the day before any of this started to test functionality on the server, so that one was never enabled, and that's probably the first time I've ever disabled that one while still having the other's enabled. Other than that, I haven't changed anything about my system for quite awhile. I'm actually running 16, so maybe this won't be a problem when we upgrade to 17, but for anyone else who hits this roadblock - disable your plug-ins.

Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 5.37.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 5.26.21 PM.png

Update - I have also posted this to the FM Community, and someone suggested I check the plug-in versions. They were all up to date except FTPeek which was at 1.67 so I updated that one, and have tried to recreate the problem. So far, the problem has not come back, and the plug-ins are enabled so at this time, it looks like it may have been an issue with the older version of FTPeek.

This topic is 1856 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.