Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Pass Get(ActiveFieldContents) from portal row to URL formula on parent

This topic is 1514 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi I have a script that is triggered when an OnObjectEnter that stores the Get(ActiveFieldContents) from the field in variable as well as doing a SetField on field url2.  It then fires a load card window with a webviewer where the url is set to be url2.  In the data viewer and in the dialog box I get the correct field data for the portal row clicked, see the properly formed url2 but the webviewer only loads the "https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/" and is missing the ActiveFieldContents which is appened after the last / to create a proper URL.  What am I missing? I need the URKL to be as listed in the data viewer image below.  Instead it is rendering a url based on the first portal record ID.

Thanks in advance

image.thumb.png.36fddb299ab494d423bb9fa5c8d0d232.png

6 hours ago, TimJ said:

It then fires a load card window with a webviewer where the url is set to be url2.

I don't see the bold part in your screenshot. What I do see is that you open a new window with a layout of the Child table. This may be the cause of your problem. The record  shown in that window will not necessarily be the record clicked in the portal. For that, you would need to use the Go to Related Record script step.

I should add that the whole thing seems unnecessary convoluted. If the URL can be calculated from the ID field, why not use a calculation field for this? Or even better, just define the web viewer to open the calculated URL? Alternatively, if you're using a script to show the web viewer, why not use the Set Web Viewer script step to load the URL stored in the variable?

Edited by comment

This topic is 1514 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.