Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Auction calendar with users' data HELP

This topic is 1523 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have an auction calendar (layout - "Calendar") with properties that display address, date, time and location data on it from the PROPERTY table.  When users log in and enter the layout, they see the calendar for the current day.  These properties are common for everyone, and have a unique "PropertyID".

I have two additional tables with key ID fields - the first is a USERS table with basic info about the user including their "UserID".  The second is the USERPROPDATA table with a "UserID" field and "PropertyID" field.

What I'm trying to accomplish is to allow the USERS to add their own pricing data (that only they can see) into a couple of fields from the USERPROPDATA table (Fields are "UserPrice1" and "UserPrice2"), but I'd like them to be able to do this via the "Calendar" layout.  Again, this layout displays data from the PROPERTY table.

Because I'm fuzzy on creating effective relationships (I'm new), I'm not exactly sure of the best way to do this.

In the "Calendar" layout, I have a portal to the USERPROPDATA table displaying the "UserPrice1" and "UserPrice2" fields.  When a user enters data in the portal, a record is created in the USERPROPDATA table with the UserID, PropertyID and the data from UserPrice1 and UserPrice2 in it.  The problem is - everyone can see that data.

I'm getting stuck on how to show only the logged in users' data for those properties.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

One method would be to use security. Assuming each user has a unique account (which they should), if you auto-enter the account name on each record, and set the security options to a calculation like Get(AccountName)=createdByField ... voila, users will only see records that they created.

https://fmhelp.filemaker.com/help/18/fmp/en/#page/FMP_Help%2Frecord-access-privileges.html%23ww1028797

This topic is 1523 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.