Filemaker Server 15 - Application Request Routing

This topic is 1405 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello everyone,
I am starting this post because existing posts on the subject appear to be too old and will not allow comments.

I have had to rebuild an installation following a bit of a disaster. Long story short: Windows Server 2012 r2 all new and fully updated. Filemaker Server 15.

I am continually getting to the point where it states that Microsoft Application Request Router 3.0 is required and cannot be downloaded - the install then fails.

I have followed (as far as i am aware) all the tips and tricks to download the ARR manually - both V3.0 and V2.5 with all the pre-requisites in the right order and the installation still fails.

This was working previously so it should be possible.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thankyou.

Richard

Hello and thank you for the tip - I was indeed running as administrator.

I tried this on the main installed as well as on the setup program that ends up in the 'files' folder.

I also tried the same thing on a Windows 2016 server and got the exact same result.

I don't think FMS15 is supported on Server 2016 so don't even try; even if you can get it installed, certain components of FMS may not run as expected.

I recently had to reinstall an FMS15 for a client too and initially had the same problem.  Downloading and installing these in sequence, each time explicitly right-clicking the installer and choosing "run as administrator" was the key (even though I was already logged in as an administrator!)

This topic is 1405 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.