FileMaker Pro 19.1.2 crashes when creating a Database Design Report

As there isn't a thread about this I thought I'd post about this annoying bug as it affected me and I thought I had a corrupt db.

The issue seems to be that when editing layouts with certain summary parts in FileMaker 19.1.2 it changes the way that the layout is configured, so that a DDR created in FileMaker 18+ (at least) crashes FileMaker Pro and fails to create the DDR.

Some points from my testing:

• Creating a DDR without selecting 'Layouts' works fine.
  • 'Save a Copy as XML' works fine.
  • It seems that running Recovery or compact/repair in 19.1.2 also introduces the issue. I don't know if running this in 19.0.1 fixes the issue but worth trying.
  • Claris are aware of the issue and have stated that "The FileMaker file is not corrupted in this case and you can continue to use the file without issues".

The workaround is to rollback to 19.0.1 on any machine used for development and rebuild any layouts edited in 19.1.2 (deleting all objects and pasting from a backup worked for me). Also a recovery might work in 19.0.1.

• Newbies

Filemaker 17.  I formally ran DDR's with ease.  Now I get several error messages and no report, one says the name is too long.  Shortening the name does not change the result.  I can get a summary of the DB but clicking on Tables, etc. yields nothing.  Any ideas?

Are you using FileMaker 19.1.2 to access this db at all?

If not then this is a different issue and you should start a new thread for it. Also might be worth testing it with 19.0.1.

Edited by jaboda

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By jjjjp
      Is there a way to change my coding of scripts so that so-called scripting errors don't show up in server logs when a scheduled script is executed on FM Server? I get dozens of such errors for each daily execution, and Using a Set Error Capture [On] script step doesn't seem to make a difference as to whether the "errors" show up in the server log. The kinds of error codes that do show up (101, 401) don't seem to me to be be the result of scripting errors at all. Rather, they are part of ordinary operations (e.g., testing to see whether to stop looping by checking whether a record exists in a found set).
      I raised this question a couple of weeks ago in a much longer email providing a lot of the context that I thought the FM Forum community preferred. I didn't hear back and so have tried to reduce my question here to the bare bones.
    • By naio
      My script in a hosted file needs to export records as pdf into the user Downloads folder, needs to run under Mac and Windows, so I set the variable $path_filename to:
      Case (  Get ( SystemPlatform ) = 1; "filemac:"; Get ( SystemPlatform ) = -2; "filewin:"; "file:" ) & Substitute (Get (DocumentsPath); "Documents"; "Downloads" ) &  "file.pdf" And then:
      Save Records as PDF [With dialog: Off; $path_filename ; Records being browsed ; Create folders: Off] The script it works in Mac but not in Windows: I get an 800 Error and a message warning that it can't create the file.
      I don't get what's wrong with the windows version, any idea?
    • By wdrspens
      I have a small Filemaker Member's database (less than 1,200) with some 650 existing members but I am not the Membership Secretary.  The Membership Secretary uses Excel to record who joins and resigns, and each time there is a change in membership (joining or leaving) the Excel file on Dropbox is updated and I am notified.  I therefore have to import that data into my Filemaker Members database each time there is a change to the members (new member, change in personal detail or resigned member). 
      However I am in control over the data of the existing members who also join our web membership (at present less than 100).  The web members have to be manually activated when they join the web membership and I have to check that each person is a member before I activate their web membership.  So far no problem.  I record in my Filemaker Members database the following data in respect of each member (in addition to their personal data) - the date to which they have renewed their membership, the date they resigned, the date they became a web member and whether their web membership has been activated or deactivated.
      It is important that their web membership is deactivated when they resign their membership, so they no longer have access to the members section on the web.
      I therefore want to set an alarm that alerts me each time I import from the excel file or when I open the Filemaker database, that if any member is now recorded as having left, and is also recorded as having an activated web membership, I must deactivate that member.  Thus, in respect of each member, if the field "Date Left" shows a date AND the field "Activated" is Yes, a warning is raised and that warning remains until the field "De-Activated" is also Yes.  I know I can achieve that by conditional formatting, but I can only get about 28 members per page, so will not be alerted unless I scroll through all members.  I therefore need to get a warning in the Header Space.  Can that be achieved?
    • By extreme
      Hello hope all is keeping well?
      Please I need help with this script what I have been trying to do for the last week is to put a saved PDF into a container field after its been created?
      I have tried to insert into a container field with the field be interactive and not Interactive but with no joy.
      The script attached is where I have been trying to place the script where the red line are?
      So after its saved to the desktop import into a container field so we have a copy of the PDF
      I hope someone would be so kind to help me

Thank You
    • By dancer5678
      I need to import a large amount of data from excel spread sheets into FM19.
      Is there a way to create a custom import order of field so it will be easy to match the source fields with the target fields.  ( I know there is an "arrange by" -custom order) option but that is not a fast enough way
      The excel spread sheet (source fields) will not be in the same order as the Filemaker File (Target Fields)
      I often spend a lot of time matching up the source field and the target field and I am looking for a more time efficient way

• Who Viewed the Topic

3 members have viewed this topic:
    timoz  dutchscholar  JMart 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.