Import Script Multiple Non-matching Excel Worksheets

This topic is 1108 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am trying to script an import of three worksheets in the same Excel file. The 3 geographical regions worksheets are not structured the same, i.e. field name rows are not in the same place and are named differently.

The script runs but stops to ask which worksheet to process.

How do I create a variable/parameter in the script for it to proceed sequentially from worksheet 1-3 without stopping?

Thanks

DA

28 minutes ago, BostonFM said:

How do I create a variable/parameter in the script for it to proceed sequentially from worksheet 1-3

AfAIK, you cannot use a variable or a parameter to select the worksheet or the named range to import. It must be hard-coded into the Import Records[] script step. If the source file has 3 worksheets, your script needs to include 3 separate Import Records[] steps, each addressing a specific worksheet.

Note that you must use an actual file to set this up. Once you have selected the worksheet and saved the selection within the sep, you can add a variable to the File Path List to select the file.

6 minutes ago, BostonFM said:

What would the edited File Path List look like

It would look something like this:

image.png.18a51fa0019ff05801ed18024dcefb3c.png

where AnActualFile.xslx is the file you used to set up the step and select the worksheet. The file itself can be deleted afterwards, but the reference needs to stay.

Of course, if the path is a constant as in your example, then the variable is not needed.

This topic is 1108 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.