Database consistency check

This topic is 6972 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

On previous versions of Filemaker server, when the Database crashed it would re-open the files and perform a consistency check and check every file before it opened it. In Filemaker 7 however, I dont see this happening, is feature lost or is there a way to turn it back on?

• Newbies

You can choose to Recover the file if you like. File | Recover ...

Yes, I know this but this solution is quite tedious and impractical. I lost info from my databases when the server crashed and even after the manual recover I didnt get it back. Its opens up too fast after a crash to be a stable solution.

Go back to your last backup instead.

Since you're saying that recovering is 'tedious' it sounds like you have to do it from time to time. Time to address the server stability me thinks ... fight the cause not the symptoms.

At the very least, make very frequent backups so that you don't lose much data when it crashes.

It is documented in the FM7 Server Admin Guide "If the operating system shuts down unexpectedly while clients are connected and before the cache can be written to disk ... FileMaker Server attempts to recover the state of hosted files when it restarts. As it opens the files in the default database folder and the additional database folder, FileMaker Server performs a consistency check on each file. If a file is found to be corrupt, FileMaker Server logs a corruption event in the Application Log (Windows) or Event.log (Mac OS)"

It might be you didn't have the conditions stated above. If possible, call tech support, and let us know

This topic is 6972 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.